Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Pics of Front and Rear Rest Bags

723 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  claybuster 
the ones i have fill through a little tube-like neck at the bottom of one corner. this "neck" is about 2" long x 1/2" dia and closes by being tucked-in to a pocket sewn on the bag next to the neck. the fold created thereby "seals" the bag. also have seen bags with a belt-loop type strap instead of a pocket.

i don't know what you're referring to as far as a rule; i've filled them with #8 lead shot, clean sand, plastic beads and dacron pillow stuffing.

the dacron is my choice over the others i mentioned since i do a lot of rest shooting in the field and the heavier bags become a chore if you're doing a lot of shoot-and-move. getting the stuff into a bag thru the little hole they give you for filling is more time-consuming but the results are worth it. i have a bag set-up which weighs 40 pounds when filled with clean sand and less than three pounds stuffed full of dacron. works just as good light as it did heavy, in the field.

hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.