Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up my new 10/22ss on sat. I have a couple of quetions. First of, Besides runing a patch through the barrel, is it advisable to do a thorough cleaning before going out to the range? Second, has anyone ever tried the Hogue stock? I am considering this to stock to replace the factory stock. Lastly, asside from the stock what is the recomended for the first modification to this gun. I understand that the trigger needs some work. Is this something that can be replaced or dropped in by any one, or is this something that should be taken to a gun smith? Thanks for any help. Juan

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Run a few patches through and make sure there is nothign obstructing the barrel. I would also wipe away all packing grease you may find.

Hogue makes a good stock. Call Dillion Precision Reloading for one. $59.95 Ther number is 1-800-223-4570.

The next thing to do is shoot it a few thousand times and have lots of fun with it. Get the best scope you can afford so that you don't spend three times as much finding the right one the first time.

I put a Power Custom Hammer and sear in mine but many recommend the VQ. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.