Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

'Picking up my new KMKIII678GC after work. Yee Ha!!!

404 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  GregH
My new KMKIII678GC * Range Report, etc...

:)

It's 37 miles+ out of my way. And; I will be over there shooting tomorrow - but; I cannot wait!! :D

- Greg
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
916 Posts
GregH, Congratulations. Let us know what you think of the new pistol. A range report would be nice. Do you have, or have you shot a Mark II? Any points of comparison would be great. Lots of us are waiting to see how the new model stacks up against the Mark II. I have two MK II pistols. No Mark III's; yet. Good to hear from someone in Oakland, TN. My folks live just east of you, before you get to Somerville. I'm sure that you've seen their farm.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ferdinand said:
GregH, Congratulations. Let us know what you think of the new pistol. A range report would be nice. Do you have, or have you shot a Mark II? Any points of comparison would be great. Lots of us are waiting to see how the new model stacks up against the Mark II. I have two MK II pistols. No Mark III's; yet. Good to hear from someone in Oakland, TN. My folks live just east of you, before you get to Somerville. I'm sure that you've seen their farm.
Thanks Ferdinand! I think, I know what farm you are referring to. Is it Wo***urn?

Here is a little Ranger Report... We shot indoors. :)

Hi guys! An Ultimate Clip Loader, I must get!! Ouch!! My wife and I went out yesterday, and shot around 300+ rounds through the new gun (indoors). No jams at all! All we used was the 550 brick of Federal from Wal-Mart.

Did I shoot any better with this 678 then I did with the 512? Maybe a little. Really hard to say. But; I love the feel of this KMKIII678GC! Great balance! and; I love the grips!

My wife shot mostly at 30 ft. I did some. But; kept taking the target down to 50 ft. No 1 inch groups yet! But; I'm working on it!

Oh! And; here's an interesting note. You know on the MKIIIs, there are 3 pre-drilled holes in the barrel for the Weaver rail? And; those holes have 3 screws in them? Well; the furthest one back on my gun, I noticed was not screwed down much, and was protruding up some above the barrel surface. So; I took a screwdriver, and screwed it down. This was yesterday morning before we went out to the range. Anyway; I pulled the bolt back (just getting a feel for it), and after tightening that back screw, the bolt would not release. I thought; what the heck??!! Then; it occured to me; that screw, I tightened down must be now contacting, and hold down a spring inside! Sure enough! The screw holes go all the way through the barrel wall! I had no idea. I backed off that screw, and all was well.

- Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.