Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new stock 10/22 rifle today. This is really a cool little rifle. I haven't taken it to the range yet, but I had a couple of questions. At first glance everything with the rifle was fine. I started cycling the action a couple of times and evrything inside seamed stiff. So I decided to take everything apart and take a look. I cleaned everything up and lubed up the chamber a little and put everything together. That seam to fix the problem. The action pulled back smooth now. How much lube do you use? The book says a light coat. I used break free. What kind of lube is the norm for this rifle? Also when I pull the bolt to the rear to lock it it stays put but when I press the bolt realease his jams up in the rear. How can I fix that? Any little tips about the rifle will help.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just bought my first 10/22 a few days ago so I'm as new to them as you are, but I may be able to comment..

I don't know what the more experienced shooters use for lube but I use Breakfree same as you.. Just a few little drips on the recoil spring and a very light wipedown of the bolt before you install it.. and that's it. Seems to work good.. CLP is good because it keeps the action *clean* while it's lubricating... Or it keeps gunk in "suspense" or however you say it.

As for the bolt lock button.. Are you saying you can't get it to release at all? I found it tricky at first, but you have to push straight up on the forward most part of the lever while holding the bolt all the way back, then let it go.. It's worked for me.

Hope I could be of some help. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.