Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

EDIT: Total brain fart . . . It's a model 81 . . .Duh!

Found this one in a local pawn shop. $110 after a little dickering.

Brought it home, wiped it down with some BLO and installed a cheap scope and a set of rings I had laying around. I've got a shorter set of rings on order. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet . . . too dang hot . . . I did function test it with a couple of Colibri's though.

No serial number. Barrel stamp indicates 1965 (I think).

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
first off, that thing is in fantastic shape, it is also a dl model with full white line spacers. Man, I can't get over that wood!!!!
Also, did you notice what was on the back left side of that receiver???

that's right, drilled and tapped for a peeper!!!! Oh the luxury, the beauty of a mod 80 with a factory peep site, truly you must get one, and then get a hold of a dude here, or someone here knows the shop name, of a guy named JRH...
he makes the most fantastic replacement discs for these, they will make you cry just to look at them.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Mr.Fixit;
The peep sight is the original rear sight. The DL's of any bolt action Marlin rifle came equipped with a peep sight and sling swivels. That was the difference that made them the DL, over the standard version of that model.Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert
Above taken from Marlin-collectors.com

Not sure if it's a DL, nice just the same. Here's link to Marlin Collectors Association where I posted concerning the Model 80DL, Hope it's of some helpful info to you. Mr fixit
http://www.marlin-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5030

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know what Bladeswitcher?? IT DON'T MATTER! a nice rifle just the same and a shooter to boot. :D Mr fixit
Well, it sort of does matter. I knew it was an 81. In fact, I've been looking to replace the 881 I traded off about a year ago. I was specifically looking for a tube feed. I just had a moment of stupid as I was typing . . .

BTW, somebody mentioned the wood. When I saw the gun at the pawn shop, the wood look aged and dried out. A few coats of boiled linseed oil fixed that.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
:) :t "www. aperturesnmore.com"!-His name is Joe Hullet + he Does Fantastic work, plus really good [$] prices!:t :) -Blkwollf!!!
first off, that thing is in fantastic shape, it is also a dl model with full white line spacers. Man, I can't get over that wood!!!!
Also, did you notice what was on the back left side of that receiver???

that's right, drilled and tapped for a peeper!!!! Oh the luxury, the beauty of a mod 80 with a factory peep site, truly you must get one, and then get a hold of a dude here, or someone here knows the shop name, of a guy named JRH...
he makes the most fantastic replacement discs for these, they will make you cry just to look at them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.