Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
5,365 Posts
I have a Skinner on my Marlin 336 44 Magnum and love it.

I have a scope on my 39A or it would also have a Skinner. In fact I am ordering one for the 39A just so I have one if I remove the scope.

Great sight, great price and even free shipping worldwide.:bthumb:

I think the side mounted sights like the Williams looks out of place and snags on your clothes when carrying the rifle. The Skinner looks like it belongs on the rifle.

http://www.skinnersights.com/

· Registered
3,878 Posts
Skinner Peep

I just installed a blued Skinner peep on my 1966 Golden 39A. It seems like a well made and well designed sight that is relatively unobtrusive looking on the rifle. That's what I like about it the best...it looks like it belongs there. I have a Williams peep sight that works fine but it just spoils the sleek lines of the rifle. I highly recommend the Skinner peep sight for the 39A.

Kix

· Registered
337 Posts
pipestone, is this the standard .096 dia. aperture or a custom size?
My eyes are old and I wear glasses, I wonder if one of the "Skinner" sights would work for me?
My thought is that since the aperture is much closer to the eye than most barrel mounted open sights it might allow for a better focus on the front sight. Anyone who wears glasses tried the "Skinner"aperture sight?

I just hate mounting scopes on lever actions.

Don

· Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For me the larger aperture was just part of the deal. I paid $10. bucks and had Doc send a .065 aperture out with the sight. I played a few days with it and wound up drilling it out to a .078. That was almost good but had Doc send out another .065, I think I like it best.

pipestone

· Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Frt. Sight

For me the original ramped Frt. sight w/Hood set very nicely in the rear aperture.

pipestone

· Registered
337 Posts
My eyes are old and I wear glasses, I wonder if one of the "Skinner" sights would work for me?
My thought is that since the aperture is much closer to the eye than most barrel mounted open sights it might allow for a better focus on the front sight. Anyone who wears glasses tried the "Skinner"aperture sight?
Don

· Registered
5,365 Posts
Thanks, that's a great looking sight that adds to the old world aura of the 39. I would imagine that as the brass takes on a patina it just gets better looking.
White vinegar will speed up the process.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.