Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one I served my girlfriend, who doesn't necessarily like game. I have never heard of anyone who doesn't like this recipe - and it's simple, too!!

Breast out your pheasant. Lay them in a bowl with some olive oil and "Cavender's Greek Seasoning". (You'll have to eyeball it, since it's a "dump and pour" recipe. Use a good amount, though.) Allow the pheasant breasts to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour - 2 to 4 hours is best.

Take the marinated pheasant breasts and make them into a roll. Wrap the roll in bacon, keep it all together with a toothpick or two. Toss them on the grill until done. They even taste good the next day (if you have any left) straight outta the fridge. The meat comes out nice and juicy - and the added bacon fat doesn't hurt either!

This recipe also works well on dove, quail, etc. and so on.

Side note on Cavender's: You used to be able to get this stuff at Walmart, as well as a local supermarket. I had to search for a while at first, but it's well worth it.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
My main objection to pheasant was that it always had the tendency to be dry. We started using cookin'n magic or similar bags to do the bird in. Problem solved.. I suppose you could incorporate that into about any other recipe you have.. It comes out real nice and moist. Works great on quail too.

Ron

·
Registered
48 Posts
I fyou want to stop pheasant breasts from drying when you cook them, i suggest you cover place strips of streaky bacon(uncooked) over the breasts and other meat areas like the legs, also when you cook them put some slices of toast under them, as the pheasant cooks the juices from it and from the bacon go into thhe toast, and i can tell you thats it taste absolutely delicious.
What more can you want in one meal, moist cooked pheasant, tasty juicy bacon and flavoursome toast, best washed down with some good hot coffee, mmm im feeling hungry now :p :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.