Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
I missed out at shooting 50yds last month and caught a lil' flack over it so I was bound and determined to get at least one 50yd target shot this month.
I started off at 25yds shooting Lapua Midas L out of my 10/22 and was surprised at how well it shot.
1st target 250-12X
2nd target 250-13X
3rd Target 250- 17X ( I'll keep that one)
I moved out to fifty and shot a couple of groups to zero the rifle and shot a 244-3X on the first target. My previous best was a 242-6X. I lost a couple of Xs but what the heck.
I also tried some Lapua in my Stevens and got a best score so far out of it. A 247-6X at 25yds.
I heard over at BRC that lot #s over 4400 was some of the newer crappy stuff. The lot # for the stuff I'm shooting is 4827. Hmmm, if this is the nasty shooting stuff. I want some of the good stuff!

Definately worth a trip to the range! :D JL

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Great shootin' JL! that Lapua sounds like it shoots well for you. Very good scores indeed. Congradulations on the 50 yard scores and the 25's are great too! Sounds like everyone's shooting well this month--now if it'll stop raining long enough, maybe I'll get a chance to shoot some targets. I have some of that Lapua coming in tomorrow;) if it'll just stop raining long enough to shoot a few targets!!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Whew! The boy is smokin'. But I still got ya by one X at 50 yards for p.b.

Now I gotta make the same pitch to you as Pinball got. Son, you gotta make a road trip and enter a sanctioned match, dammit!

Say, now that the San Diego Rimfire Shooters is officially sanctioned by the RBA, your road trip could be due west. :) I am the Match Director and our first match is this month, June 29th.

Ah do believe you was gonna be vacationing out here this summer anyway??

We expect to see you here. :cool: GG

p.s. you returned a pm about the Sightron that had no content :confused:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Atta boy JL!! Ya done real good son!!Maybe these 10/22's will put a scare in them this month.I got a couple more targets to shoot at both distances.Hope some more 10/22 shooters burn it up in June.Nice.:)
M.C.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,
Everything seemed to come together today, I couldn't miss! Plus the fact that it was a weekday and it was looking like it was gonna rain kept everybody home. So I pretty much had the range to myself except a position shooter who was about five benches from mine........NICE ANSCHUTZ!

Gordy, looks like I'm not gonna get out to Cal this summer. I got three days off this week and will get two more sometime late in the summer, but thats about it for the time off....gonna have to stay local. Thanks for the invite though! I PMed you back about the Sightron, but it must not have took. Just said it was worth a try, I'll keep looking. Maybe I'll fall into a Weaver, but I'm not in a hurry. The Tasco CS is working pretty good for the time being.

About the sanctioned matches, If we can get enough benches set up at the new range, we might look into getting the Stoneridge Rimfire Club sanctioned with the RBA and start some real matches.

JL

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Fantastic, JL!!! Sounds like that ol' click-clack really likes the Lapua. Hang in there, buddy - it don't get much better than this!!

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike,
I got six boxes from Frank Terrell. He evidently has some more but don't know how much. He does ammo testing for some of the major brands and reports on it for Smallbore News and several other publications. I'll definately see if he has more next time I talk to him. I'm down to two boxes after yesterday.

Ya still got that NS-522? JL

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice scores! Speaking of rain, getting ready to go shoot the e-mail match now and I sure hope it blows over.... LOL!

Nice Shootin'

·
Registered
848 Posts
JL,
I answered your PM but it doesn't show up in my sent items box.Did you get the info on the NS?
M.C.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.