Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure anyone will recall the Redfield Jr. scope. I think it was made only in 4X mag. It's a 3/4 inch tube and according to Redfield, was made to the same standards/ruggedness as their one inch high power scopes. I picked on up quite by accident in a gun shop in Sheridan WY. about ten years ago. The box was covered in dust and the price marked was under $40. I think at that time.....or at least when Redfield stopped making them, they were listing for around $100. I mounted in on my 10-22 and as of today, it's going strong. Not enough magnification for target shooting, but nearly perfect for everything else and the size just seems to go perfectly with the rifle aesthetically speaking.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
A 4x is a very good choice for a scope on a 22 rifle. I always mounted 4x 1" tube rimfire scopes on my 22 rifles. Even my first had a 4x Herters scope... come to think of it, it is still on that rifle! I still have the receipt for that scope. The larger diameter makes them faster for plinking and hunting and obviously in lower light situations as well.

·
Registered
18,147 Posts
The Leupold 4X rimfire scope is the best, but I also like the Nikon Prostaff 4X scope. Super clear. :bthumb: They run just a bit over $100 new, and I think there might be one in the classifieds. Its either a 4X or 2-7X Prostaff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.