Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took the scope off of my 39A. I would like to try a receiver Peep Site. I looked at the Williams Web site and the only ones I saw there were for the Centerfire Marlin Lever Action ( 336 1894 etc.) The receiver only has two drilled holes; one in the front and back. Has anyone tried to fit a receiver peep site on a 39A and is there any drilling involved? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
keystonekid

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This question comes up often at MarlinTalk's rimfire forum - just do a Google search on MarlinTalk.com - the 39A is a hot topic over there. I have an older 39A that isn't drilled for scope or peep sight on the receiver, so I installed a Marbles Tang Sight. I did have to drill & tap a second tang hole to mount it. I love the looks of it - very "cowboyish" and it works very well. For fast action bunny banging, I fold it down and use the open sight on the barrel (a fold-down Lyman type). :t

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information, Bigdog. I have contacted a Dealer in my state and will have the marbles tang site installed. I agree with you that the Tang Peep has the most authentic look for the 39A or any lever action for that matter.

Thanks again.

Keystonekid

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Peep Site for a 39A

DPete,

I had a Tasco 3-9 x 40mm world class scope. I used to shoot mostly at 50 - 60 yards away and the groupings were very good. The problem was that the scope was 12.75 inches long and looked rediculous. I also used Federal Bricks w/ 550 rounds from WALMART for $7.99 per. I am going to use the scope on another rifle; probably a Marlin 883 22MAG.

keystonekid

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.