Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the peep sights mount on the Browning BL22 and the Winchester 9422? They aren't drilled for peep mounting.
Do they need higher front sights to work?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm not familiar those rifles, but I can tell you on my Marlin lever action, I put a ghost ring into the factory drilled holes on top of the receiver. And, yes the front sight had to be changed to a higher post. Basically, if you see that the newly installed rear sight sets up higher that the factory you are replacing, then the front will have to be raised. The exact amount is the tricky part. You can get plastic 'test posts' that can be cut down when sighting in your rifle. Then simple remove it, measure the height and that should be the correct height for your new front post sight.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Peep sights.............

I don't have a 94 in .22LR.

I have an older Winchester 94 in .30/30 and that has a Lyman peep which is mounted into a dovetailed block which is screwed to the side of the receiver.

When I got the rifle it had two small blanking screws which needed to be removed.

On my .357 Mag variant (a much younger) Winchester 94, this has a Williams Peep sight which has two screws holding it down like a strap that "bridges" the rear of the receiver with one screw on either side.

The Lyman on the .30/30 needed a new front bead but the Gunsmith I bought them from (Gary Reeder - The Pistol Parlor on Flagstaff Arizona) was very helpful and sorted me out with the right item at the same time.

The Williams seems to be OK without having needed to change the front post.

HTH,

Regards,

English

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.