Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have gotten the .17 I have done quite a lot of Pdog hunting. I have also notice that not all of my Pdogs die upon impact. Seems like I have several that I will get a gut shot on and they will start dragging themselves into their hole with there front legs. Is it truely better to aim at the head or the chest? With only a 12X scope and far off shots I feel like I am doing good just to hit the stupid things. Are the crawl offs a norm or is it my poor shot placement?

Also when do you guys prefer to nail a Pdog? Standing up or crawling around?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Its kind of common sense. Only Digestive organs are in the lower half of a Pdog, while respiratory and circulatory organs are in the upper half.

The Pdog is going to bleed to death with a gutshot, which will take a while, giving it time to crawl back in its hole.

The Pdog is going to die of a punctured lung or heart in the chest, giving it very limited time alive. A headshot is just BOOM. lights off.

oh yeah and get a higher magnification scope, so you can really nail 'em in the head.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.