Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
What way do you want to do it... MMMmm..
Fry it, flour fry in butter.

Bake, Brown, and put in crockpot with can of cream of mushroom soup, and half package of onionsoup mix. cook on low temp for 2 hours.

many more.
:D

Dean_311

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
One more thing, when cleaning.

Take the breast and split the breast muscles. Cooks easier that way. And you get two pieces of boneless meat. And the breast bone.

Take breast and take knife cut along the bone that runs down the middle of the breast. Cut lightly until you get to the second layer. Then just peel meat back and cut off. You might ruin the first side, but once you see how its easy.

Dean_311

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Brother Dean:) I really appreciate it.

Off Topic: Dean I remember you saying you do alot of skeet shooting (like me) and I was wonderinmg if when you do bird hunting what size shot, guage, and shotgun you use. I normally use 1 ounce loads of #7 1/2's with my 20 guage. Also what do you prefer for skeet shooting?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I dont shoot skeet, or havent yet ;)

I shoot trap. You start 13 yards from the thrower and from there you shoot when you want. I personally use a 12ga mod. choke with 7-1/2 shot. I shoot ONLY Winchester AA. Gotta love the Double As.

I shoot sporting clays. Sporting clays is what will help you in hunting. Sporting clays is ment to imatate real life situations. Ducks incoming (clay coming above you and at you), running rabbits (a clay bouncing on the ground). I usually shoot my skeet choke, however, I take my skeet, improved, and mod with, and change according to stations.

Dean_311

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dean, I love to shoot trap, I do it when the people at the club have a big enough team to do it (only 5 needed). I would love to try sporting clays sometime but the club does not do it although I do know that they do modern skeet but I have never tried it:(

What model shotgun do you use?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or am refering to 5 stand in the above post about trap? I thought that in trap you had to have 5 people in a team and each of you shot once and then moved to the next one? I am most likely just confused

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Sorry Todd,
Lost track of the post. I finally got cuaght up enough on RFC to do some back reading.

I think you are referring to 5stand. Trap you line up 5 on 5 stations and you each shoot one after another shooter till you have to move after 5 shots. I shoot on average around 19. The good shooters are 23 24 shooters. Hardly anyone, gets below a 10, even "new" shooter get around that.

Dean_311

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup Trap what I meant! sorry for the confusion.

I just competed in a trap tourny last sunday and I did alright for the first half until the machine broke down so I had to switch to skeet.

This sunday (10-13-02) I shot in a skeet competition and did alright until after it was over and we were just having fun and I shot a 24!

and then my second time ever shooting modern skeet I shot a 21!

I'm gettin better I guess

-Todd-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.