Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
 A friend has one,not a tack
driver,so he says.Handy to carry
camping to plink with.
Ive never shot it so dont have first hand knowledge .
 Goodluck & Goodshootin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My son and I are very satisfied with the new Papoose. We find them to be very good, about 2 moa, with Quik-Shok which makes us very happy as we LOVE QS ammo.

We have noticed however that they are VERY sensitive to cleaning. Our groups open up to about 6 inches or more after 100 rounds or so, and then shrink right back down after cleaning well.

I originally got one for the kids but found it so accurate and reliable that my grown son and I each got one for ourselves.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought one years ago (maybe 6 or 7) when I lived in CA. It's a fun little camping gun, breaks down and comes with it's own carrying case. I even got a 15 round mag for it (the ASSAULT PAPOOSE!). It was fun to shoot around the areas that we would camp and fairly accurate, just keep the ranges short. I haven't shot it in years though, more of a novelty. I looked at the AR-7's but do care for them personally, to plasticy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Brookie, the earlier version, all of which were blue/wood, will accept the 15rd. mags.
mags were marketed for a short time w/ m-70hc. aftermarket mags are more common.
the later stainless version is a little more stout. for me, the hc is a desireable feature. it will never shoot like a fair bolt gun so put 15 in it and blast on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have not determined the favored ammo for it yet but at 30 yards it was running 1/2" and less yesterday. Velocitors and MiniMags were almost one hole. It is getting more accurate as it breaks in. Also, this is with a $10 scope!

·
Registered
7 Posts
We live in Delaware and No CANs here. However, you would need to thread the barrel for one, I guess.

The front sight does sit back a small distance, so you Florida folks could make a great little quiet-squirrel-rifle out of one. :) However, since it's a semi-auto, the CZ youth rifle in bolt would be far better, for those who wish to LEGALLY make one quieter.

The CB Caps are quite good however and nearly as quiet as suppressed sub-sonics, plus legal everywhere. I would suspect that the Papoose, with the heavy 60 gr. sub-sonics and a legal suppressor would be a good conbination -- other than the bolt noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you aren't too sure when you can do some upgrades/modifications, would you buy a 10/22 or papoose? I am trying to figure that out right now. The take down feature would be nice, but not necessarily needed. This is going to be generally used for plinking..

·
Registered
156 Posts
TW, there are better marlin models to compare with the ruger. after all the ruger is not a compact takedown.
the ruger does not hold the bolt open after the last round fired. it does handle well as a plinker.
look at the marlin sight. they offer many models.
[ and a pappose too ]
btw, the only 15rd. marlin 22 mags i have seen available are aftermarket [ k line i think ] and they would not clear a 'bump' in the reciever of my late, stainless/synthetic pappose.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.