Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone has had a chance to try one out yet. you can read about it at gunblast.com. im placing my order tomorrow. (trying to find out if he just sells the new pin). aloha.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't understand the appeal personally. What are we shooting at that penetration is a problem with the Nasti-nose? It's the compromise between shooting with the round nose (little expansion, good penetration) and the Nasti-nose (too much expansion? Not enough penetration.)

What little advantage in penetration you would get would be negated by the diameter/weight of the remaining projectile (center post if it seperated). If the center post does not seperate then what's the advantage? The way I see it you would lose weight on the expanded portion of the bullet decreasing it's effectiveness. Go figure.

School me someone please! The link is...

http://gunblast.com/Paco_Scorpn.htm

·
Registered
158 Posts
OK, He's done it again....

I've been playing with Paco's "Acu'Rzr" and "Nasti-Nose" tools for a month now, They do what they are claimed to do = shoot better groups and blow big holes in things. Now Paco has another gadget eh? :t Looks like I'll be getting it too!:p
The first thing that came to my mind when I read the linked review was that I've seen that shape before - looking at the noseshape of Ely's top-of -the lineMatch ammo for rifle and pistol that's been around for a few months now at my local retail levels.
Deja Vu??? And then there's the fact that I've used Hydra-shok ammo since it first came out ( still have an original box of it in .38spl.):cool: I don't know if I need a hydra-shok .22LR to stop an enraged charging Californis groundsquirrel, but on the odd chance it might work better than HP's for defensive shooting and just maybe make Winchester Target loads shoot like Ely TenX, I'll take a chance:D
I just love gadgets!:D :t

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hey guys,
Thought I'd share an e-mail from PACO about the new tool.

"SINCE THE TOLORANCES ARE DIFFICULT, AND EACH TOOL ACU'RZR OR B-SCORP'N HAS IT'S RODS HAND FITTED... I HAVE TO SELL THE WHOLE TOOL. THE TOOL IS DIFFERENT THAN THE ONE SHOWN ON GUNBLAST... THAT WAS A PROTO-TYPE.... THE NEW ONE IS MADE FROM INCH CANNON STOCK, SHORTER BUT BASE HEAVY ///// THE NEW NOSE IS ALSO SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT THAN THE G-BLAST ARTICLE ALSO.... IT MAKES A DEADLY ACCURATE HUNTING BULLET...EXPANSION LIKE THE NASTINOSE BUT DEEP PENETRATION.... THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST.... P.O.BOX 17211, TUCSON, AZ. 85731... $35/// CHECK OR M.O. PACO"

I must say that I love the Acu'rzr tool & I'm ordering a Scorp'n tool today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.