Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to use a Glock tac light on the rail of a P22? Was at the local gunshop and they had one. Tried it on my P22 and it almost fit. Just seemed as if a couple of points were relieved on the light it would work just fine. Not sure why I'd need a tac light on a .22, but looked kind of neat.... :AR15firin

·
Registered
371 Posts
From gunshop fitting like you did... the closest match I have found is the XML that Springfield Armory markets for the XD subcompact.

Much like you said it almost fits... seems the triggerguard where it meets the rail or the top rear of the light would need to be relieved for a perfect fit.

And it looked VERY cool. :D

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
A tactical light wouldn't have to fit exactly tight like one with a laser would. Any gun you might use at night would benefit from a small, bright light. I tried the Streamlight M6, wow, what a set up. Unfortunately, the catch bar won't reach the groove under the P-22 because it is so close to the trigger guard.

On the other hand if you have a 5" model it would be very simple to file a catch groove in the bottom of the barrel stabilizer allowing a variety of devices to be fitted. The M-6 seemed a professional piece of equipment. About $ 250 as I recall and a very good light and laser. M 1911

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.