Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new P22 and have put a little over a thousand rounds through it, ranging from Win. Xperts, Dynapoints, Minimags, Green Tags, and Federal Game Shok, without a single jam of any kind. I love the gun but it has an erratic tendency to eject spent shells at my head. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Have exactly the same problem but don't know that I've ever heard a definitive answer for it. Seems the profile of the ejector might need to be modified somehow. If it can be done, I'm sure someone here can tell us how!

·
Registered
9,011 Posts
Gonzo, I tried that and wasn't entirely successful. I did compare the Ruger MK III with the Walther and noted differences at Gun test. S&W is sending several ejectors, extractors for me to experiment with. Both guns have the extractor at the 3 oclock position however the Ruger ejector hits only at the 7:30 position while the Walther covers 7:30 to 9:00. The Ruger is extremely uniform in sidewise ejection.

Great drawing, keep up the good work. Is yours working w/out fail. Did you also modify the extractor? The Ruger sits back 0.09" farther away from the chamber and the ejector is solid. Will be posting my results as soon as parts arrive. 1911M

·
Registered
9,011 Posts
rj-24 One of the problems with upward ejection and in the face other than annoyance is if you install a scope mount the shells will be bouncing back into the chamber interrupting cycling.

Am currently testing a new gun and trying to solve all the problems I encounter. Boring reading but I hope some interesting info to be learned. My old gun wore out by 4000 rounds but the new procedure for lubrication and slide release is showing absolutely no wear that 1/1000" measuring accuracy can determine.

Only 1500 rounds and some of the same old problems. barrel nut loose, sideplate screw loose, slide hanging on the hammer, slide spring not holding adequate pressure, rounds ejected in all directions including forward. But "NO" slide wear, the real killer of the gun's longevity for some of us. All that other stuff can be replaced, S&W will send new msc. parts for free. keep us posted on your shooting. 1911M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.