Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
780 Posts
My Decision Is Made...

Thanks for the input on the return from S & W. I was considering returning my jam-o-matic P-22 for repairs. If they are going to grind up the hammer and return it, I'll pass.

The Taurus Tracker or Model 94 are sounding like good candidates for a trade-in deal. Guess I'll visit my friendly neighborhood gun dealer next week, and see if I can dump the P-22.

· Registered
780 Posts
$75?!?

JEEZZZ!?! Talk about giving it away. I paid $240 for mine as well. The serial number on mine is A003024. Don't know how that relates to yours.

I suppose I could buy another magazine and try. I'm already out $240. Whats another $20, right? You'd think someone out there would be willing to make a few bucks on the side by converting magazines. If I get another magazine and it fixes the problem, I'll certainly hit the brother-in-law at the machine shop up for a favor.

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but I'm real disappointed in this thing. I suppose I've been real lucky that I have around 15 guns and none of them have been a problem. It has taught me a valuable lesson about buying something as soon as it comes on the market.

Still looking at the Tracker, though :p

· Registered
780 Posts
hasta la vista, baby (Walther) !!

Dumped my jam-o-matic as well. Gun dealer offered me $175 for it on a trade-in. I smacked down the additional $205 for a Taurus Tracker .45 ACP with a 6'' barrel. I had a hard time deciding between the .22 and the .45. Both are sweeeeet! He told me my new pistola should be here in about 3 working days. I told him I'd be back this spring for the .22.

This was my first, and last, dealings with Walther. If I ever attempt to buy another one, I pray someone will hit me over the head with it.

· Registered
780 Posts
reply to Pwight:

Nope, an eastern N.C. native. If you have a burning desire for a P-22, at least take this advice-- wait a couple of years for all the lemons to get out of the pipeline. Like mine!

Another problem I had with the pistol was its a pain in the rectum to reassemble after cleaning. Trying to get the slide over that silly little plastic rod thru the spring, then shimmying the slide over the barrel. Finally, I had to shimmy and shake it all about until the slide decided it was ready to drop the rest of the way on. Two seconds to take apart. Ten minutes to reassemble.

· Registered
780 Posts
I agree on the mishandled part

Once they get the bugs worked out it'll be a neat gun. It was a tough decision to get rid of it. But the idea of spending another $40 on magazines that may or may not fix it was too much for me to stomach. I had my eyes on a SW99 in .45 ACP, but not after this episode with Walther/Smith & Wesson.

I've never owned a Taurus anything, but their warranty hooked me. The quality of their pieces has gone up TREMENDOUSLY in the past decade as well. As a bonus, they give a free one years subscription to the NRA with each purchase.

Yep, I'm familiar with both of those towns. Its hard for me to get away from eastern NC. Graduated from NCSU and ended up right back down here. I work in Greenville. Where are you now?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.