Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
I get FTF's on certain ammo, incl. the Fed HV Bulk Pack (Walmart).
When I stick to ammo that works, like MiniMags, Stingers, Thunderbolts, & CCI Stds, I do not get FTFs.
What I do experience is random Light strikes, which will go bang on the second try. The light strike casings only have a slight dent in the rims, not enough to fire. I have at least 800 rnds through this P22 since Sept., probably 1000. The light strikes only started appearing in Nov.
After a couple hundred with the P99, played with the P22 during Last weekend outing:
20 MiniMags, no issues
10 Stingers, 2 lite strikes
20 MiniMags, no issues
22 Thunderbolts, 1 lite strike

I wasn't paying close attention to the safety lever. Could it be that it has been moving half way to Safe?
Will check this tomorrow.

From what other P22 owners have told me, the slide wear (which looks excessive to me) is what they call "Normal" wear.

I may resort to calling S&W for Walther Service

· Registered
145 Posts
New Range Report

I found that on one light strike, the safety had kicked on, but for several others it had not.
With a few ThunderBolts, I needed to rotate the cartridge in the chamber so that the pin hit a different rim spot. Looks like I have a combination of issues, bad ammo plus the safety. Maybe the slide is catching the safety as the slide comes back.

· Registered
145 Posts
Well, my P22 sn is in the 54xx range.
It came with the -A new mags, so those were not the problem.
I won't go re-hashing the issues & observations I've had.
I like the gun a lot, great companion piece to my P99, so I decided to try out S & W customer service & "Walrep" warranty service, even after reading other owners posts. They have my P22 now, shipped FedEx at their cost (I could not take time off to drive it over to Springfield), and gave me an estimate of 2-3 wks turnaround.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.