Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some opinions on the Bushnell Trophy 6-18 A/O and the Simmons pro hunter se in 6-18x50A/O. Which one is better ..Thanks guys..

·
Registered
49 Posts
6x18x50 scopes

I haven't had either scope you mentioned on my Ruger.

I did just purchase a Tasco 6x18x42 from CDNN (Shotgun News ad) for $59...and they give you a set of binoculars and "low" rings with it. Scope has target turrets, a duplex reticle, and an adjustable objective lens. "Shipping" was $9.99

Mounted the scope with a set of "high" B-Square 1" rings (Academy Sports - $8.49. sweet!) and the objective is just high enough off the Heavy Barrel that I can still slip the scope covers on with a few mm to spare. Don't think a 50mm objective would leave room for a cover.

When the cold rain stops falling, I'll get to the range and report back on results.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I generally have had better results with the Bushnells that I have installed for other shooters......and would prefer the Bushnell to the Simmons esp it the Bushnell is not a 50mm....unless you are long necked or have a high monte carlo stock the 50mm requires mounting high and is uncomfortable for many people to get a cheek weld and consistant quick sighting.....for a bag gun it won't matter but then you won't be shooting it in low light probably? good luck and good shooting!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.