Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Opinions on the $20 Ruger FO sights?

868 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Sir
https://shopruger.com/10_22-Fiber-Optic-Sight-Set/productinfo/90340/

So I ordered a set of these, haven't shipped yet so looks like I can back out if I really need to.

Any opinions on these? At this point just looking for "better than factory original gold dot front sight" really.

"Serviceable" is fine at this point.

"Stay far away" is obviously not.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
12,030 Posts

Attachments

· Premium Member
6,458 Posts
I love them on the Compact builds that I've done that still use the factory barrel..with the different colored dots, they were quite easy to teach the kids how to use iron sight with too :bthumb:

was even thinking about throwing a set on my custom RSI TD, since I won't be putting a scope on it

· Registered
551 Posts
I love them on the Compact builds that I've done that still use the factory barrel..with the different colored dots, they were quite easy to teach the kids how to use iron sight with too :bthumb:

was even thinking about throwing a set on my custom RSI TD, since I won't be putting a scope on it
You need to stop posting this. Every time I see it, it makes me think I need to add another 10/22 to my collection. It's just too dang good looking.

· Premium Member
6,458 Posts
You need to stop posting this. Every time I see it, it makes me think I need to add another 10/22 to my collection. It's just too dang good looking.
I think you need to get one too

it was a bit spendy for a rifle with the majority of it being stock Ruger parts, but every time I pick it up and use it I think having the stock work done was worth it, and I'm glad I did it :D

but recently a friend has offered to buy it from me for a very generous amount of $$...I'm thinking I may sell this one to him, and build another using higher quality aftermarket parts

· Registered
551 Posts
I think you need to get one too

it was a bit spendy for a rifle with the majority of it being stock Ruger parts, but every time I pick it up and use it I think having the stock work done was worth it, and I'm glad I did it :D

but recently a friend has offered to buy it from me for a very generous amount of $$...I'm thinking I may sell this one to him, and build another using higher quality aftermarket parts
I could order a stainless Takedown from Ruger, and then find that stock and have it modified. But I should probably get rid of two or three before I get another. It's been three hours since I bought a gun.

· Registered
139 Posts
but unless you put tritium sights on, in low light the Williams/Ruger fiber optic sights are still way better than the plain rear/gold bead front that have been the standard sights on 10/22's for decades
t

Nope, they're not better on either my S&W Victory((they come with Williams FO) or on my 22/45 with Williams FO sights from Tandon cross. As I see it (puneintened) nut'better the a plain old Tritium sight for a combo of FO and Tritium.

Battle sight, witth a completely black rear V or notch don't work well for me either. Perhaps it these old, very old, eyes.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.