Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions on Model 1451 Target

Anybody have any opinions on the 1451 Target ? I like the looks of it and was thinking about buying one with the Match sights. I would use it for informal target shooting and possibly offhand Sporter Rifle competion.The main points are cost,weight,and accuracy. Is there a better choice in that price range?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Johnny: avoid the 1451. If you want an anschutz then the lowest I'd go is one of the 64's. The 1451 trigger has no redeeming qualities and this spoils the whole rifle. If this is the price range you must stay in then get a CZ. furthermore the 1451 target is really meant to be used as a kids target rifle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
opinions on 1451 target

Back in the 90s I was able to start collecting anschutz 22s. My first rifle was a 1451 target sporter, I paid 225.00 for it. I still have it and still shoots hole in hole at 50 yards. after that all I collect is dkl sporters. the 1451 Even though they are a cheap anchutz it has agood barrel. So yes,yes, These 1451s will shoot with the best of them! Ive collected every sporter from the 60s to the 2000s. Im 68 years young and know the game very well. Sometimes you get shooters and sometimes you don't. If you happen to get a good shooter hang on to it!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
After 18 years, perhaps the OP has made his choice.

Personally unless you absolutely need a small junior sized rifle, and can accept the compromises in action and trigger in exchange for very low weight, there are better choices for an adult.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.