Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
CZ's with open sights (Standard, Trainer, Lux, Ultralux) don't have the barrel fully free-floated. They have one action screw and one barrel screw.

The American (in the picture) has two action screws - and thus a free-floated barrel - but no open sights.

DRS bought and installed the Williams sights on his American to get this particular combination.

G

·
ah, ok, he just added the sights, period. Here I was sitting there looking at that picture for a minute or two wondering what the deal was. I see the open sights on there, but there's a scope too, so I wasn't sure what to make of it. "I don't get it. Has he done something unusual, different from using those see-through rings, that still lets him use open sights without having to remove the scope? ***?" hehe. I was trying to make it more complicated for some reason. heh.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ah, ok, he just added the sights, period. Here I was sitting there looking at that picture for a minute or two wondering what the deal was. I see the open sights on there, but there's a scope too, so I wasn't sure what to make of it. "I don't get it. Has he done something unusual, different from using those see-through rings, that still lets him use open sights without having to remove the scope? ***?" hehe. I was trying to make it more complicated for some reason. heh.
Shorty,

I had the opensights installed a couple of years ago, by Williams Gunsight Co. If any of you, that are reading this, when and if you decide to have opensight installed on your CZ M-452 AMERICAN get a front sight high enough incase you may want to use a peep sight, instead of a regular rear sight. Also I am looking for a good "See-tru" scope rings & Mounts. I tried Weaver and they didn't work out al all! Sugestions??

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Shorty,

Also I am looking for a good "See-tru" scope rings & Mounts. I tried Weaver and they didn't work out al all! Sugestions??
I have Weaver 49514s (or is it 49515s?) for my tunnel mounts on my Special. Both models are listed as 3/8" scope rail (which is what the American is) but they fit my 11mm rail fine. This is with the CZ tangent sight, so I don't know how to compare height between that and the Williams. Plenty of room to manipulate bolt. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
Works for me! :) Allows me to use either a scope or open sights if I desire. A very good investment, and the CZ looks a lot better with open sight instead of that "Shotgun" look where there is no sights.
Looks good,
did you drill and tap the barrel?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.