Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Another alternative

I use the PC scope base that extends onto the barrel and has two 6x48 screws going into the barrel. I believe that it not only solves the barrel droop problem but adds some rigidity to the barrel/action. Of course you need the equipment to locate, drill and tap holes etc., or have a gunsmith do it but I believe it's worth the effort.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Several years ago, LONG before the Gunsmither V-Block was even in existance, when Ken at Whiteface Mountain Barrels was closing out the last of his GM barrels (God, I've been around here a long time! :rolleyes: ) I got a SS .920" from him that shot great, but had a good bit of barrel droop. I used some stainless shim material between the V-Block lug and the barrel that had me shooting 5 shot groups in the .2s or better @ 25 yards.
It's a viable fix if you need to do it fast and cheap, and it certainly holds up to the test of time. :t

FWIW! ;) - Dakotan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.