Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
I'm not positive, but I've been told they aren't thier own barrels anyway (something about not wanted to have to retool for them .... ya right) so why not go with some of the other better know barrels?

Dave Z.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Passinby said:
I've checked their website and they don't seem to make them anymore, but does anyone here have one of their 10/22 barrels? If so, what do you think of it?
I bought one back in 1999 for $84.00 + frt.
It's been a great shooter, tight chamber, seemed to take a few hundred rounds to break it in. Got an Oly SS 24" barrel on an AR15 that is super accurate, shot groups less than .295" @ 100 yds. with it - it's a keeper!
When I odered the 10/22 barrel I asked about their low price. The answer I got was that they produced them in house and as a result could sell them 15% to 20% under the competition.
Don't know if that's true but that's my story and I'm sticken' to it!
HTH

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've gathered from my net research that Safari Arms actually made these and they came to Oly when they bought them out. So, GMC may have hit it with the comment about not wanting to retool, and that's why they no longer carry them. I snagged mine off Ebay for $56, figuring at that price it could go into an "all the parts I don't really want anymore" 'Custom" 10/22 to sell if I didn't like it. Fluted SS--looks cool, anyway. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I see them at every gunshow for around 85-90 dollars. I have one and it shoots great. As far as the 10-22 stuff from olympic arms I spoke to them last time I was down there and they said that they don't do 10-22 parts anymore because the market isn't as good as it used to be.(?) I had problems with a rough chamber in mine when I bought it and it wouldnt extract empties, so I took it to their factory and they fixed it while I waited. I have also seen some olympic arms steel recivers for the 10-22, if I remember right they were about 100 dollars at the gunshow. If they would have had a spot for a rear mounting screw I would have a gun built on it right now, but It didn't so I didn't think the steel reciver would help very much, I still think I will buy one if I can find another one, maby to put in my RFC stock? Where did you see the bbl for sale btw? As far as all of their other barrels, they make all of them in house, according to the people at the factory they make every piece for their ARs in house. I was also told by a person at the factory that some of the barrels they make go to gun mfgs., Ruger was included in the list of makers they told me, but I don't remember any others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.