Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never thought it would happen, but my 1964 Anschutz M54 Click Clack buster in the candy apple red Lee Six stock with Fuddham tuner has been sold. :eek:

Had to generate funds for the new arrival (currently in Phoenix, AZ via FedEx, due here tomorrow). A new model Hall rimfire action (right bolt, right port) in an electric baby blue McMillian stock, Lilja barrel, Jewell trigger, and Hoehn tuner. It's gonna get my silver dot reticle Weaver T36.

This blue baby was built by Butch Hongisto and has been tuned to shoot the Lapua Multi Match ammo that is now locked away in my expansive ammo locker (3 cases of it, should see me thru a good spell). Butch is within easy driving distance to Ron Hoehns place, and has the opportunity to test all the Lapua available in the guns he builds. Butch is not only a top notch 'smith, but a heck of a shooter too taking first place in the St. Louis RBA match this month.

Man, I feel like a kid waiting for Santa. :( :) GG

p.s. Old Red did not land far from home, my younger brother Karl is now owned by it, and has already posted a 250 in the Email matches.

p.p.s. this is a used gun (600 rounds) and has a sister that was built at the same time for the same buyer. Personal reasons have necessitated the sales and the other gun, in a white and grey stock is available.

·
Registered
848 Posts
John,
I am slobbering all over myself.It would appear you have purchased the proverbial farm.May all your targets be 10's,except when competing against click clacks:D .I hope it will be every thing you have dreamed about.Post us a pic when you have one.Best.
M.C.:t

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Sound like a winner to me, GG. The only down side to shooting a gun like that is that you'll have few excuses to fall back on. (Hint: you can still blame the ammo.)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Congrats on your new baby--hint-- Don't let Time even shoot it.
It's starting to get serious here.
Hope you getting a winner, I hope Butch builds a great gun, I talked to him Monday.
graybeard
:D

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Congratulations Gordy!

Jeez, how come I don't get a new toy...I been good and ate all my veggies......

BTW Gordy, ya still got that Sightron? Gonna need a better scope on my 10/22 if I'm gonna outshoot your Hall. ;) JL

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Aw hell. California is already too hard to beat.:(

Congrats on the new rifle John. Sounds like a winner. I'm sure you will like it.:t We will need a range report along with pictures.

Ken

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
GG-
Congradulations on the new rifle. I knew about Hall's cough drops but I never knew they made rifles too! hehehe. These here companies today sure are diversified. Guess the have to be to make it. That Lapua ammo shoots pretty good--don't run out like I did. Took me forever to find a substitute:D I hope she shoots well for you, and I hope the weather will let you try it out when it arrives! I've been waiting for a week to shoot my 40X--and it's still raining. Post some pic's. Hall's are nice.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Gordon!

How do I get a hold of Butch?

I also have a Hall action, Lilja barrel, Shilen trigger and Richards Microfit stock to have built.

Also, how long did your rifle take to have built?

And if you dont mind me asking, what is a ball park figure of $$$ to have one of these put together? I have never had one built.

Thank you for your time!
Mikexxxx

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Butch Hongisto (Hong-is-toe) - number is 573-468-3234.

Mike, I bought this gun used. He built it for a friend of his who got in a bind and had to sell. So it was like instant gratification, got it in about 1 week. Don't know what he would charge to build yours, but whatever it is, it would be money well spent. Nothing goes out of his place unless it flat shoots.

His new guns generally go for $2,750, maybe a little more for a Stolle action.

Like most of the top Rimfire guys, Butch is good people and I recommend him without reservation. GG

·
Registered
460 Posts
After reading about the new gun, I guess I will have to upgrade my Rem. 521 with the Weaver 4X scope if I am going to stay competitive!
Paul V
From Northwest Michigan where living is a JOY!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.