Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
501 - 513 of 513 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #504 ·
None of the Mods or Admins get a dime for all they put into this place.
That's the rumor (astoundingly ludicrous as it seems).

So bring on RFC Moderators Local #1!!!!!

They're obviously overworked and underpaid.

·
Premium Member
35,683 Posts
Like my grad school finance professor used to exclaim: "PEOPLE!" You are being as gullible as they want you to be. Nobody does anything for free.

·
RFC Consigliere & Concierge
12,600 Posts
Not likely.

How would they get anybody do this for free?

I mean........the official line might be no pay, but it seems quite impossible.
None of the Mods or Admins get a dime for all they put into this place.
THIS. I can confirm, Moderator for 10 years, Super moderator for 3 months. The only payment any of us have EVER received is an occasional "Thanks" from a thoughtful member. The rest is hard work, a little fun when we can just interact in the topical forums, and headaches when some of you break the rules and then gripe about it when you are taken to task.
We do this for free, because we love the site and the community. All of your moderators and admin work for FREE. I know it's extremely hard for some of you to fathom, but some people are that altruistic.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
THIS. I can confirm, Moderator for 10 years, Super moderator for 3 months. The only payment any of us have EVER received is an occasional "Thanks" from a thoughtful member. The rest is hard work, a little fun when we can just interact in the topical forums, and headaches when some of you break the rules and then gripe about it when you are taken to task.
We do this for free, because we love the site and the community. All of your moderators and admin work for FREE. I know it's extremely hard for some of you to fathom, but some people are that altruistic.
I think you’re over paid.

(Couldn’t help myself. Sorry)

·
RFC Consigliere & Concierge
12,600 Posts
Methinks some are in it for the ego stroking...

"I'm a Super Moderator on Cats and Ketchup Central..."
Theres that headache I was referring to.
Post a little bait, and you just can't help yourself, Mike.
Or is it TMW99577? Or Mike_AK? Or is it Big Dummy? I can't recall, you've been given so many passes when it was someone else's decision.
Not anymore.

501 - 513 of 513 Posts