Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a CZ addict! I was at my favorite dealer's place yesterday, and he usually doesn't stock any CZs, but this time he pulls up a CZ box on the counter. He says "hey, I know you are nuts about these things...tell me what model this is". He had an unfired Special in the box that he took on trade. When he took it in, he didn't know what model it was, and in looking at the books, he figured it was one of the more expensive models because it was "so darn nice". :D Anyway, he told me I could have it for $290 otd. Not a big bargain, since I showed him that Whittakers sold them for that price. He asked me again if I was sure that was the same model. I explained to him that they only get nicer from there. I don't need another Trainer. Even though I would save the $15 shipping, plus $15 transfer fee...I don't need another Trainer. But, the whole time I am in the shop I kept thinking about it. I was wondering if I had anything to trade for it. I have a Trainer, Super 2500 and an American, and a 16" American is next on my list. The dang thing kept calling to me...like a siren of the sea. I went home and sifted through the gun safes to see if there is anything I would be willing to trade for it. I'm going to have to stay out of the shop for a few days or I know I will buy it in a moment of weakness.

Is there a 12 step program? Oh well, I guess rehab is for quitters. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Have a Trainer too - it's all I can do to just leave it alone.
Shoots good, looks good, but, every time I open the safe she's calling me for more attention. I'm afraid if I saw another one, I'd buy it just so I'd have another one to play with.
Have a plan - next CZ will be an American in .17HMR. Let's see if I can stick to this one.

Bruce

·
X-Mod
18,520 Posts
Yeah, you don't need a second Trainer, people who have second Trainers are crazy. :coco:

What?... why are you guys are looking at me funny?... :eek: I don't have two Trainers... honest. :D

If I was you, I'd get a Varmint next, but I'm only saying that because it's my favorite model. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
ok i,l admit it

Hi,i am beginning to get the CZ obsession.I have been around shooting and all manner of guns most of my life some of which have been expensive and exotic weapons with prices to match but i just love CZ,s!!! I hqave just taken delivery of the CZ452 style 16" and think it looks and feels great(havent shot it yet). I shot a CZ in .458 Lott calibre and was impressed with it too. I was offered a Sako quad but i chose the CZ .........is there any hope for me or am i destined to become a CZ addict. Steve.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Life isn't quite complete without a FS. Looks good, shoots good, feels good.
For some reason, I just had to add to the collection after handling one. The best way to avoid the "itis" is to not look at them, pick them up, visit the web site, check targets of other CZ shooters, constantly check the CZ threads, and ignore the pics posted here. Yeah right!
Now let me go and check the safe for trade bait in case a Lux shows up.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Stay away for a couple days and he might even come down a little more, it would help if he didnt already know you were hooked:) if he bought it thinking it was something else he might just want to get his $$$ back out of it, plus if you think about it it is a used gun...in the box, unfired doesnt really change that.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yes, technically it is a used gun, and usually a price would reflect as such. He and I have been friends for many years, and I help him with some gunsmithing from time to time. He gives me a price of ~ $10-$15 over what he has in everything, so I know he is into the Special for more than he really should be.

However, I have been thinking long and hard about what I could trade him for it since I have a few guns I have picked up at bargain prices. I had a couple of Brookies peeps on my guns before, but with my astgmatism they didn't work out real well for me. I have been thinking of trying the Williams FP sight for the CZs on the rear of the receiver though.

I absolutely love the FS, and it was in fact the next one on my list until I handled the 16" American. I'm like a kid at Christmas when it comes to CZs...I want a:
16" American
FS in .22lr with a Leupold or Burris compact scope
Varmint in 17HMR
a Kadet pistol
a CZ 82 for a woods gun.....

yes, my addiction runs deep with firearms, but especially CZs. As my friend and I say though, at least we have something to show for our habits instead of tossing out money on drugs, alcohol or trashy dancin' gilrs. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.