Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weekends ago I was over at a friends house and we were planning on shooting all day on sunday, so saturday we were sitting around doing nothing and we decided to compare trigger pulls on our rifles. Now he has a 77/22 and i have a 10/22 with a trigger i modifyed myself. We measured this buy taking a kitchen scale, milk jug, coat hanger, and our guns, and a high bench. We bent the coat hanger until it had 2 hooks, one on either end. Then we put 1 LBS of water in the jug and hung it off the trigger. Didnt trip the trigger, so we went to 1.5 LBS. nothin, 2 LBS, nothing, 2.5 it tripped the hammer. We tried it 3 times at 2.5 LBs and then we went to 2.4. This also click the trigger. 2.3 and it clicked it 2 out of 3 times. 2.2 and it didnt go at all. I think these are pretty good results for a home done trigger job. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Lite trigger = sweet

A 2 to 3 lbs trigger feels really good. A clean trigger (no creep or slop) will feel pretty good up to 4 or even 5 lbs. On a target rifle like the 10/22 the lower numbers are really helpful. When I did my 1st trigger/sear replacement and lowered my trigger pull down to 1 lb 14 oz. The first time I took the rifle to the range I did not really even feel the trigger before it went bang. I now can feel the pull from start to finish.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Did you guys run the same test on your buddy's rifle? Sounds like your 10/22 trigger came out well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.