Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Officers Model Special ?

767 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  M2HB
Saw one at the LGS last night was wondering if anyone has any info on this model in .22lr. By the serial # i think it was made in 1949 and probably not cleaned since then!
Only drawback is the rear sight is missing as it was D&Ted for a Weaver type scope mount With a Tasco red dot scope on it. Condition is 85% on the metal.
What would be a fair price for it?
It has a 6 inch barrel.

Thanks,Mike
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
330 Posts
The Officers Model Special was made from 1949-52. It should have a "Coltmaster"
rear sight. They were also used on other models and can probably be found used.
With the rear sight missing and holes drilled into it, $350. tops. Being it's a Colt, most LSG's think it's worth it's weight in gold. You can probably find a decent example, reasonably priced on gun broker.
I have examples of the different types of Officers Model's, but the OMS is my favorite. With a set of later target stocks, it balaces well. I have 3 .22s and 3 .38s
and they are all great shooters.

· Registered
Most any .22,just a plinker
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
22matt thanks for the info. Could you post a closeup pic of the rear sight on your OMS. The dovetail on the one i looked at looked extremely large to me and i'd like to get a better idea of what a correct one should like. Where would i be able to get a rear sight for it and are they expensive?

Very nice collection of Colts you have.

I have 2 pistols, An OP from 1936 and a Trooper MKIII.

Thanks,Mike

· Registered
Most any .22,just a plinker
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too Much??

I finally got a price on OMS i asked about,he wants $425 for it which i think is to much considering its condition so i'm going to pass on it.
It's a shame he wants that much for it i was thinking more like $350 but who knows,i might see another one .

Thanks for your help and info.

Mike

· Premium Member
30,610 Posts
I finally got a price on OMS i asked about,he wants $425 for it which i think is to much considering its condition so i'm going to pass on it.
It's a shame he wants that much for it i was thinking more like $350 but who knows,i might see another one .

Thanks for your help and info.

Mike
It depends on condition. I paid around $800 for mine and I felt lucky to get it. It is like NIB though.

· Registered
295 Posts
I bought one last year for $500 in excellent condition. I found out later that the grips weren't correct, but it turned out they were more valuable than the correct grips.
It's action is as smooth as my .38 OMM and Python.

Jeff

· Premium Member
30,610 Posts
I bought one last year for $500 in excellent condition. I found out later that the grips weren't correct, but it turned out they were more valuable than the correct grips.
It's action is as smooth as my .38 OMM and Python.

Jeff
It is the same action. They are one of the most under valued 22 revolvers out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.