Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
421 - 440 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·
Hey, guys. I regret to inform you all that my daughter has been diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer. Consequently I will not be able to continue keeping score for these matches. I'm heading back to Nevada tomorrow, and will be out of touch for the foreseeable future. I may be able to check in on occasion but will not be able to participate.
My apologies for any inconvenience.
Later,
Dennis

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hey, guys. I regret to inform you all that my daughter has been diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer. Consequently I will not be able to continue keeping score for these matches. I'm heading back to Nevada tomorrow, and will be out of touch for the foreseeable future. I may be able to check in on occasion but will not be able to participate.
My apologies for any inconvenience.
Later,
Dennis
No need at all for apologies, and my thoughts are with you both. Stay positive, and if you need a place to vent you have my email.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Sad to hear it.

I wish everybody courage.

Stay hopeful. They do miraculous things with all types of cancer these days.

:bthumb:

·
Registered
797 Posts
***10-Yd IRONS ENTRY***

DATE: 1/26/22
SCORE: 233-4X
NAME: Signmaster (Bob), 59
GUN: Ruger Mark II, VQ Sear, Clark bushing
GUN SETUP: Stock iron sights
AMMO: CCI SV
INDIV TGTS SCORES: 91-1X/100, 47-1X/50, 95-2X/100
NOTES: That first target hurt me. Trying a new grip method on the Ruger and it seems to work well.

While scoring I had a hard time not thinking about the stress Dennis must be dealing with.... Let's keep some scores rolling in until he gets back to things. Until then I'll post up the scores, just please someone double check them if you have a chance and help me keep them accurate.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jim38885 25y Optic 2-hand

***25-Yd OPTIC ENTRY***

DATE:1/26/2022
SCORE:205 -- 0X
NAME: Jim38885 AGE 67:
GUN: Ruger MkII Slab Side
GUN SETUP: _X__Scope ___Iron sights
Indoor range, decent lighting, about 70 degrees
INDIV TGTS SCORES:40, 42, 38, 43, 42
NOTES, First scored attempt. Did run a few trial & sight-in groups, a friend's gun.

I have a jpeg image but no idea how to include it.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well maybe I'm smarter, more likely luckier, than I thought.
Photo came through.
Jim
And more good news. You got the high score at 25 yards for the month! There were only a couple entries, but that is still a solid first score. Thanks for joining us. Try to make it a habit and drag others along with you. :bthumb:

Alright everyone, I put the Jan scores up in the scoreboard thread.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1215415

I can't mess with Ynned (Dennis)'s post, so you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to the post after the year end summary. I'll keep posting scores there until Dennis is back in action.

If anything is screwed up, let me know here or via PM so we don't spam up that thread.

Also, since my format was different and in the interest of saving time with major changes, I've shown only the last 6 months of scores. All other shooter/pistol combos won't be displayed unless they submit a score again. That data will still be had and maybe still show up on the year end summary. So for those that don't shoot through the winter or something, no panic... hopefully nothing is lost. :eek:

·
Registered
797 Posts
***10-Yd IRONS ENTRY***
DATE: 2/3/22
SCORE: 231-2x
NAME: Signmaster (Bob), 59
GUN: Ruger Mark II, VQ sear, Clark bushing
GUN SETUP: Stock iron sights
INDIV TGTS SCORES: 93-0X/100, 45-1X/50, 93-1X/100
NOTES: Should have been higher. I tossed a freaking 6 on the first target of this set. So a 6, three 9's, and six 10's with no X's. How do you shoot that many 10's with no X's, and shoot a freaking 6?

Oh well, life is hard sometimes. Didn't expect it, though I shoot "blind" with no spotting scope usually when I note a bad shot I find one. This time I wasn't expecting anything remotely 6 ringish.

First set was low.... 214-215ish. I find that it usually takes me some shots to warm up. So even if I'm sighted with a couple rounds to confirm, I go ahead and shoot a first set after a few sighter verifications. Usually that first set is weaker.

On another note, shooting one handed was much better than last time. Starting to get a feel for it some with the Ruger. I've also tried and adopted a thumb high grip, with my thumb sort of latched over the top of the grip. Seems to work better with one hand or two.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
**** 15 YD IRONS ***2/7/22
SCORE: 158-0X
NAME: tominboise (61)
GUN: Ruger MKII Comp Target
SIGHTS: Factory iron sights
AMMO: 1960's Remington Kleanbore Hi Speed
INDIV. TGTS SCORES: 33-0X, 42-0X, 34-0X, 30-0X, 19-0X

Sunny, 35deg F, 10mph Wind. I had to wear gloves, so that's my excuse this month. If I could keep them all in the scoring rings, I'd be happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
***15yds Iron ENTRY***

DATE:2/6/2022
SCORE:211-1x
NAME: Mike3838 AGE:62
GUN: Ruger Single Six
GUN SETUP: Iron sights
AMMO: SK Pistol Match
INDIV TGTS SCORES: 42-0, 44-0, 42-0, 44-0, 39-1

Best target attached.
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but that's a new high score with that pistol and distance. And I don't know about you, but new bests allways make me feel like the practice is paying off.

**** 15 YD IRONS ***2/7/22
SCORE: 158-0X
NAME: tominboise (61)
GUN: Ruger MKII Comp Target
SIGHTS: Factory iron sights
AMMO: 1960's Remington Kleanbore Hi Speed
INDIV. TGTS SCORES: 33-0X, 42-0X, 34-0X, 30-0X, 19-0X

Sunny, 35deg F, 10mph Wind. I had to wear gloves, so that's my excuse this month. If I could keep them all in the scoring rings, I'd be happy.
Good to see you got the Ruger back out. I think gloves would screw me with mine. The trigger is light and wide.... unless they were super thin gloves I'd probably have shots all over the place.

I guy I worked with was a phone junky... couldn't stay off the things. He had some gloves with fold down index finger and thumb so he could text. They would probably work well for shooting too.

Good to see a few scores coming in. :bthumb:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but that's a new high score with that pistol and distance. And I don't know about you, but new bests allways make me feel like the practice is paying off.
I was not aware of that. Thanks for pointing it out. I was never much of a revolver fan, but the more I shoot them, the more I like them. I just renewed my CCL permit. My first time, five years ago, I used a Beretta 92FS for the live fire test. My score was 293 of a possible 300. This recent one I used an old Taurus M83 .38Spcl revolver that I picked up at an auction. My score was 300/300. Yep, I'm warming up to revolvers.

421 - 440 of 521 Posts