Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a momentary shift in brainwaves and got to thinking.

It might be fun to have a name brand match every month. Each month, everyone buys ONE box of that months chosen BAB ammo... or high end stuff for that matter....but availability might be a factor here for some.

Anyhow, say in April everyone buys ONE fifty round box of a given brand... and everybody shoots a match with that particular bullet... including scope or sights set up, warm up, sighters, and score. One box does it all. 20 or so rounds to get the gun ready, and 30 to shoot the target with five left over for emergencies in case of a dud or two unless you feel lucky. If you screw up and only save back 25 for score and you get a dud...hey. it's your score, and you made the call.. Besides, if you shoot realllll good, you'd still end up with a 240-24X :D.. Some times a guy will luck out with a bullet that shoots good in a mediocre gun, and a good gun might hate the brand for that month, but thats the breaks..

Any thoughts on it?

Ron

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Sounds intresting. As long as you didn't get TOO expensive, I'd try it.
Paul

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm all for it, but I am still waiting on my little scoring thingee to get here.
I ordered some Wolf Extra at the same time, I hope they aren't holding the scoring thingamabob until they get the Wolf!

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it could be done with one box of BAB bullets every month, or maybe once every three or four or five months we could go to a higher end round that is available to most people.

But the most fun would be with the lower priced unpredictable bullets that might favor someone but really destroy someones elses ego.. :D

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hey Phil, that sounds good too. I might have to switch back to my factory barrel for that one. It loved Velocitors, go figure. :confused:
After I tricked out my 10/22, it kept the Velocitors just under 1.5.":mad:

Anything this creative should definitely have Antlurz in charge, or at least in a supervisory position.

Speaking of which, whu not have a match for the 10/22 gatling guns.:D
On your honor, most shots out of 100 on the paper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.