Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this morning a Remington Nylon 66 Apache Black at the Richmond (VA) gun show. It had attached sling swivels front and rear. The seller advised me that as far as he knew they were installed at the factory. I always thought that sling swivels were available for the Nylon rifles but as an aftermarket purchase. And even then you had to be careful you bought the right attaching screws because of the nylon stock. Can anybody clarify/confirm factory installed sling swivels. The ones on my rifle look good and are functional but I did not know Remington put some swivels on some rifles. The date codes make this rifle a 1965 model. Membership comments/thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pete44ru.....that's what I thought. That is why you should know your product when wheeling and dealing especially at shows. I knew about swivel availability but didn't think factory installed ones were available. How do they hold up? Can they be handled briskly during hunting or are they prone to popping out. I don't expect to be using it for a hammer or anything but it would be good to know their dependability. Thanks.

· Registered
7,281 Posts
Some of the old Remington catalogs show it as:
Sling strap and swivels, installed (optional at extra cost)... order # 6418

My guess would be that your dealer could have ordered one with them installed.

· Registered
327 Posts
Grandparem is correct, if I didn't have to leave soon to go to work, I would go out in the reloading building and check, I have an old catalog that does indeed show them as an option,, I'm thinking $4.95 , can't remember if this included the sling or not.. BUT If I'm not mistaken , they werent traditional type studs, they were I think, a stamped sheet metal thing, kind of like what was used on gallery specials to attach them to the bench from a profile something like this -u- can't remember if they were attached with screws or rivets,,, Don't think the catalog showed a picture,, If you go to the Nylon site, there may be pictures there,, its a Yahoo site I believe.

· Registered
3,579 Posts
I dug mine out. It is a 1" black nylon(?) sling that attaches to the stock with what appear to be self tapping screws; two for each end of the stock. It doesn't seem like it would take too much effort to pull them out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.