Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September 1 has arrived finally!!! Looking forward to my brother coming up to hunt with me for the weekend. First time I've had a chance to hunt with him since I joined the army 3+years ago. Should be a blast getting after the squirrels. I'll be using my Rem 504 and he's bringing the Savage MKII I got him before I joined the service. Good luck to all you other squirrel hunters. :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yes it does - for me it starts in one more day, I decided not to take friday off so I will have some friggin GAS money .. man.
But I do plan to get out there, it is a must do!
:Blasting_ Get out there, good luck n' good shootin'

btw boltgun71; thank you for your service to our country :t

·
Registered
661 Posts
25mn for me w/ Rem 40gr psp's.
Or maybe just take the scattergun & put a modified choke on it. I had planed takin ugmo for a walk with a red-dot scope, unfortunatly the fella I sent the money order to from the classifieds here, ripped me off. :mad:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any luck yet?

Spent a good majority of the weekend out looking for squirrels, and aint seen any. Anyone else have any luck? I hunted around big cornfields, where a bunch of squirrels usually hang and they seem to have all dissapeared. Hope you others had better luck than my brother and I. Well we did get a few woodchucks and pigeons, so we did get some trigger time, they just dont eat as good as squirrels. Good luck huntin' guys.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Went out Saturday morning and managed to score 3. Monday only 1, but I later took a walk and found out that area of the woods was being logged. We'll have to find another place to hunt in two weeks. Saw a bunch of Turkeys feeding in a feild, a few coyotes and some whitetails over the weekend. It was just plain good to be out in the woods I say.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
It'd been a bust,:

so far. I've been out only once, last Friday could not see a thing. Leaves are thicker than hair on one of our cats. Going out again tomorrow, new spot (like all new spots just loaded). Well I am due for a bit of luck, I am dying to see what the Mach2 will do.

Len

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.