Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
I can't either! I am VERY surprised that they can thrive up there...
Well if you have never seen one on person, prepare to be impressed. Biggest danged rat I ever saw!

They actually are not that tough to kill. A shotgun during duck season will sink one and any .22LR to the head. If you shoot him in the body with one he will be gone and you will never know. They sink.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hunting Nutrias

Yup! seems that Maryland considers the beasts as pests and as such...no bag limit, almost hunting year round and I think no hunting license required! I am from Chile and down south there they are hunted as meat, darn tasty! kind of like rabbit. the pelt is ok. :Blasting_

·
Registered
143 Posts
nuturias

in New Orleans there is this guy that is paid by the city to ride around at night shooting them out the back of a pick up. Just reciently he killed some wheres around a 80 lb nuturia, Biggest ive ever herd of. Musta been the size of a hog.

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
Elroto said:
...down south there they are hunted as meat, darn tasty! kind of like rabbit. the pelt is ok. :Blasting_
Are you SURE you're not from Louisiana?? :D

I am willing to try anything once, but I have to admit I have never tried to cook a Nutria. Wouldn't even know how to start.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
evillikekenivle said:
in New Orleans there is this guy that is paid by the city to ride around at night shooting them out the back of a pick up. Just reciently he killed some wheres around a 80 lb nuturia, Biggest ive ever herd of. Musta been the size of a hog.
i saw that one nite on the insomniac show on comedy central... the guy was a police sniper an dave attel and crew were taping him taking em out....... what a fun job!!!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I just checked several websites on nutria. Kinda strange how their populatiion just skips several states moving north. North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland show substantial areas of growth while Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina have remained virtually unaffected. I didn't take notice of the dates of these surveys so the distibution may be somewhat misleading.

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
Or.... aaaaaaaare they????

What if... what if... they are being... """Transported""" by .... OTHER means????? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?????

The truth is out there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.