Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, for all you fellows who have always intended to join the NRA but have just never got around to it, or have never been asked, here is a link for you. Reach behind you, pull out your plastic, click on the link and join NOW!! You'll be glad you did. If you own even one gun, you NEED to belong, the NRA is the reason you can still own that gun!! BTW, Admin, dont you think we should have this link in a little square in the sponsor's area. Wouldn't cost a cent and would help the organization. :t https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree that everyone who owns a gun and or hunts should belong to the NRA. They are now fighting to keep hunting lands from shrinking with their "NO NET LOSS" campaign. The NRA isn't only for gun owners anymore it also includes bow hunters. If everyone would give up one night out per year they could afford a membership and it would unite us all under one massive organization. The government wouldn't be able to ignore us then.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
And regular members should switch to life membership. It's easy with their EPL plan on quarterly installments. I teach college government courses, and when we discuss interest groups, I proudly announce that "I am the NRA."

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Bout Stinkin Time!

Hello J,

Fortuitous timing.

I am one of the most vocal 2A supporters among my family, friends and coworkers... there is little doubt as to my allegiences. God. Family. Country. Guns are somewhere in that list. Molon Labe! (note: Certain dear friend can earn a place among family.)

But... I... ah... just never got round to joining the NRA. Same old story. Too busy. Didn't think about it. Rationalization that I disagreed with some of the NRA's positions. Well, I do disagree with some, but I have come to believe that change is best affected from within, yes?

The NRA isn't the onliest game in town, but it's the biggest. Strength in numbers. We must hang together... or surely, we'll hang seperately.

I sank in my seat watching an interview with Ted Nugent (whom I admire), as he uttered frank explatives directed at gun owners not registered members of the NRA. I could have crawled under a rock!

You were right Ted. I have no excuses. :(

I thought you might like to know, J, it is your post that has moved me off my duff. Sadly, only when someone said, "Hey! This is as simple as I know how to make it." Well, maybe I'm just a diva and needed an ingraved invitation. Who knows. Don't know why it was ever such a big deal to me. Kind of a no-brainer.

Anyway, thanks for the kick in the arse. Sent my card number in on the spot and took the liberty of selecting the NRA icon for my profile. I'll soon be a card-carrying member. It'll go right next to my CPL.

Sorry it took me so long. :rolleyes:

-S

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Spike52, welcome aboard!

Spike52, welcome aboard!

OK, who's next, come on up and don't be shy!

Just in case you are already in the NRA and don't think it's enough to just "be" a member, have you considered the Friends of the NRA? Every summer there are about 1,000 Dinner/Auctions across America for the Friends. We support local interests, you get an awesome dinner, get to hang out with other gun nuts, and you can even win guns! Yes, guns!

Check the link in my signature if you are interested...

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Thanks for the invitation and the welcome, Mark.
I'm proud to have joined the NRA and mildly ashamed of myself for not having done so sooner.

I am in WA and the WW Friends looks like a fine organization.
Next in my sights will be the Second Amendment Foundation (also in Bellevue, WA) and the WAC (Washington Arms Collectors).

The 2AF because they are MAD PITBULLS when it comes to defense of our 2A rights, and WAC... cuz it gets me into the Puyallup gun show for free... :eek: ;)

The GOA is also a very active association and I've considered membership with them, as well.

Mainly, I wish to follow the progress of the NRA with a new eye and offer my input where I can. Also, I wanted to increase the NRA's numbers by one. It's a drop in the bucket... but have you ever seen a bucket left under a dripping spigot? You tend to forget about it until it's overflowing.

-S

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree 100%. It's great to just be a member but supporting the NRA through Friends of the NRA banquets really helps. We have the been the biggest money raiser in wyoming here in Rawlins for the past several years and the NRA recognizes that. They have donated alot of money to the local shooting range here. Last years banquet was the biggest in Wyoming so far. My lucky wife won a Taurus 38 special and a Remington 700 270 win that were all donated by either the NRA or the local businesses. If you hunt, fish, trap, shoot or just like to be in the outdoors you need to do your part and the NRA is a great organization to contribute to. Just my long winded .02.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
You can win a Gun!

dopinwind said:
My lucky wife won a Taurus 38 special and a Remington 700 270 win that were all donated by either the NRA or the local businesses.
I won a Ruger 96/44 last year. This year I stepped up to become the secretary/webmaster for the Friends working committee.

To find out more about the Friends of NRA, click here.

·
36,633 Posts
"Trash" in the mail?

I've posted this about 19 times here so one more won't matter. The single biggest reason I've heard that members let their membership lapse or that nonmembers use for not joining? It is because the NRA is always sending trash in the mail asking for money or other announcements. Well that is not a good excuse. All you have to do is call the free number on your card for "Membership Services" and request thet they don't send you anything.

Look, some of us really don't have alot of bucks to spare and most of us just hate junk mail. either way they will be more than happy to stop the mailings if you just ask. You can even do it when you join. Or you can do it like I did, and request that they send all their stuff that they send out to your email. They will happy to oblige you either way. :t :t

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I have heard the same thing about not joining because of the mail issue. I don't get anything from them, I used to. Shortly after i went to the life membership they quitsending me stuff. I agree call them and ask them not to send you these items, it is a waste of money for them and us to send something no one is going to read and just ends up in the trash.

On the same line try to get on some antigun mailing list so you can get their stuff and properly dispose of it. Leave them pay postage and such to send us stuff we don't want.

I for one am a fan of junk mail, not spam in my email, as if not for all the junk mail, it would cost me 2 bucks to send a letter to someone. So long live junk mail.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I get alot of flak for this.....

but my usual MO is to join during a Presidential election year. By the end of that year, I am SO sick and tired of thier junk mail and phone calls always begging for MORE MORE MORE money that refuse to re-up in hopes they'll quit. It generally takes about a year. Then I have a year of PEACE.
If they'd just leave me alone, I'd join for life.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Fatstrat said:
If they'd just leave me alone, I'd join for life.
If you join for life, they WILL leave you alone.
All I get from them is my American Hunter magazine.;)

No flak intended.:D

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Good to know.

I believe the NRA is a good and important oranization. But I just hate people constantly begging me for money, especially by phone.
I figure if I've paid my dues, I've contributed. If I want to contribute more, I know how.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.