Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first mossy, a 51M, the stand-by never fail plinker, decided to put me in my place and punish me for not having fired her in over 2 years.

Loaded up a tube, squeezed off the first shot fine. Second shot.... no shot... Trigger would not even move.

I took the tube out, dropped the chambered round out, and still no click, trigger just stuck. I took the springs, striker ( whatever you call the thing that rides forward and strikes the back of the bolt) and bolt out, put it all back together, same thing. Took it down again then could not get the bolt and striker back in. That part that lowers to let the striker move forward would not drop when I pulled the trigger. I could stick my pinky in there and push it down just fine, but it just would not go down by any trigger pull.

Grrrrrr

I don't even want to think about it right now so she's back in the case in the closet to think about what grief she has caused me and maybe she'll just start working next time.

n

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I figured it out finally.

It was the trigger return spring, not being springy enough. I found that I had to manually push the trigger forward with each shot then it worked..... Apparently when I took it down for cleaning and lube a few years ago, I put it back together incorrectly. I accidentally put the spring loop on top of the magazine tube. I reassembled it with the loop under the magazine tube, and it had enough extra oomph in the spring to return the trigger forward enough to re-engage after each shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.