Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

North / South Dakota Scores for May

339 8
Well Joe we didn't get to do much shooting again this month. Things have been busy at work, and the weather (WIND) has been terrible. However we did manage to get a couple of targets shot this month.

Here are the results:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 25 YARDS OUTDOORS E-Mail Match Scores

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25 Yards Outdoors
250-17x, Linda Wanek, Wahpeton North Dakota
Ruger K77/22VBZ (Trigger Tuned to a Crisp 2 Pounds, Barrel Free Floated), Tasco 6x24x40mm High Country @ 24x, Wolf Match Target Ammo

25 Yards Outdoors
250-13x, Ron Berg, Wahpeton North Dakota
Marlin 2000L (Rifle Basix Trigger set at a Crisp 1 1/2 pounds), Simmons 8x32x44mm #800116 set @32x, Wolf Match Target Ammo

25 Yards Outdoors (BAB)
247-8x, Larry Sand Rosholt South Dakota
T/C Contender Super 14” Handgun (Trigger tuned to a super Crisp 1 1/2 pounds, Forend Free Floated and Pillar Bedded), Burris 3x12x LER Handgun Scope set @ 12x, C.C.I. Blazer BAB Ammo

25 Yards Outdoors (Knitepoet’s Special BAB Ammo)
244-8x, Larry Sand Rosholt South Dakota
T/C Contender Super 14” Handgun (Trigger tuned to a super Crisp 1 1/2 pounds, Forend Free Floated and Pillar Bedded), Burris 3x12x LER Handgun Scope set @ 12x, Remington Target #6122 BAB Ammo
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JL. I kind of am stuck there, I can't seem to get any better, but I guess I am not getting worse either.

Linda is shooting my old Ruger K77/22VBZ that I sold her. Yep that Rifle could shoot, as does Ron's Marlin. However it seems everytime Ron shoots a new best score, Linda does him one better.

Ron & Linda have never been married, but have lived together for many, many years. They are a great couple and both are super competitive. They have also been great friends of my wife's and mine for many years. As such knowing how competitive they really are makes me glad I miss out on their conversations on the way home from the range.

However we, like all of the rest of you do this for the relaxation, RIGHT?

Thanks again.

Larry

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congrats to Linda and Ron.That's some fine shooting.I think Larry sold the wrong rifle.BTW Larry,your skills with that Contender are really impressive.You are getting better and better.:t
Mike C.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Oh yeah,
Its relaxin' as heck when you have had a calm for the last 24 targets.....Then they call a cease-fire.... and the wind comes up......and the guy next to you breaks out his pride and joy, a .300 mag w/break....and then you feel something crawlin' up yer pants leg (on the inside) and you can only imagine just what kind of critter it is. Theys a lot of scorpions around here!........

Can you spell D-E-M-E-R-O-L?

JL

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pinball

Yep I sold the WRONG Rifle, but I sold it to the RIGHT person. You should see Linda with that Rifle. It is her pride and joy. Linda has shot at our club for close to 10 years off and on, but always with Handguns in our 4 Position Handgun League. This past winter she shot our clubs Bench Rest League and used my Rifle. When a situation (beyond my control) forced me to sell some toys Linda jumped at the chance to buy it.

Dan T., thanks. But you know you shoot a Contender Handgun pretty darn good yourslef. The way I look at it I have been practicing with Contenders for over 20 years, I should be getting better with them pretty soon. This however is the first Rimfire Contender Barrel I have ever had. The only problem is I for the life of me can not figure out what took me so long to discover a Rimfire Contender.

Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.