Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
The JW-15 and 15A were imported mostly during the 1990's and before Bill Clinton's ban on imports. They are a somewhat crude but serviceable copy of the early BRNO 22's and have essentially the same action as the current CZ rimfires. Not nearly as smooth, and a different trigger, they'll accept the same magazines as the BRNO/CZ rifles. Most have a stock of some type of exotic (cheap) oriental hardwood, most probably mahogany.

I have one each of JW-15 and 15A. The 15A is a nicer rifle but doesn't shoot quite as well as the 15. Both have a bad habit of throwing the first shot from a cold barrel. After warm-up however, they'll put most LR ammo into less than an inch at 50 yds pretty consistently. The 15, with Wolf Match Extra or Aguila SE HP's will shoot around a half inch if I do my part.

They're not really common in the used gun market but they don't seem to bring a lot of money either. I wouldn't think you should have to pay more than $100 or so for one in near new condition. Got each of mine for less than that, one for much less. While not on a par with the CZ's, I like mine and they're a pretty solid, well constructed plinker. Regards,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.