Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
norinco jw15

seen a 22 bolt action at gun store today ,it was a norinco jw15??.looked like a nice rifle anybody know anything about these?this isnt the military trainer copy.i believe these came in a few years back.thanks in advance don

·
Registered
283 Posts
Serri

Nice pictures, but most of us dont read french, thanks for the link anyhow, nice to have you posting here, always good to hear from folks around the world with the same interests.
Jerry

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
The JW-15 and 15A were imported mostly during the 1990's and before Bill Clinton's ban on imports. They are a somewhat crude but serviceable copy of the early BRNO 22's and have essentially the same action as the current CZ rimfires. Not nearly as smooth, and a different trigger, they'll accept the same magazines as the BRNO/CZ rifles. Most have a stock of some type of exotic (cheap) oriental hardwood, most probably mahogany.

I have one each of JW-15 and 15A. The 15A is a nicer rifle but doesn't shoot quite as well as the 15. Both have a bad habit of throwing the first shot from a cold barrel. After warm-up however, they'll put most LR ammo into less than an inch at 50 yds pretty consistently. The 15, with Wolf Match Extra or Aguila SE HP's will shoot around a half inch if I do my part.

They're not really common in the used gun market but they don't seem to bring a lot of money either. I wouldn't think you should have to pay more than $100 or so for one in near new condition. Got each of mine for less than that, one for much less. While not on a par with the CZ's, I like mine and they're a pretty solid, well constructed plinker. Regards,

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I currently have two JW's. The first is the Norinco TU-KKW Sniper Trainer. It's basically the CZ-clone action in a Mauser Kar98-style stock - a reasonable copy of the WWII German training rifle. It came with a funky little side-mount 2.75X scope. It shoots extremely well, nearly equalling my Stevens 416 and Winchester 75T at 25 yards.
The second is the odd looking JW27. This is the standard JW25 action in an interesting two-piece stock with a stamped metal piece between them. Nice walnut finish - though it's probably hardwood. Haven't shot it yet (range closed for renovation) except to get a rough sight in for the scope using Aguila Colibris indoors. It shows good promise. The trigger is particularly good for a Chinese rifle. Light and crisp. The iron sights are very basic, so I have scoped it.
I've been fairly impressed with the Norinco rifles. You get a somewhat rougher CZ-clone for half the price.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nobody has it right

That's Nobody as in "username"

I bought one of the JW15s new in the late 80s. They were imported from China By the now defunct Interarms I believe. They were copies of the BRNO and advertised as such. Seems like I paid about $90 for it. I never used it and gave it to a 12 year old as his first firearm. It was basically sound but rough and not very well finished. The kid and his dad said it was pretty accurate but I'll not swear to that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
yep, my buddy has a jw15 he got from his father that originally purchased it from kmart before the ban.

not the prettiest thing but it shoots great.

i pray my bv out shoots it because if not i'll never hear the end of it. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.