Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there everyone, i have been reading for a while to kind of get a grip on what i want to do with my 10/22. i have only owned one ruger gun, and it was a mkiii and i absolutely hated it. i swore off ruger guns, but the price of ammo has me back. i cant afford to shoot my other calibers, its like flushing money down the toilet.

anyways, i am looking to make my gun more militaryesque. i would like some sort of stock that maybe replaces the entire thing, and makes it look like an ak, mp5, etc. i know the rhineland stocks exist, but seem impossible or expensive to find. i like the "krinker plinker" but dont like what ive read about it. im not looking to shoot sub moa at 100 yards, id rather be able to blast for cheap.

can anyone recommend some nice stocks/kits out there? also, i despise the stupid rainbow looking wooden stocks. whatever stocks are recommended, please no wood and nothing without a pistol grip.

also, how hard is the trigger disassembly? i about destroyed the mkiii trying to get the trigger pack out... i hope this rifle isnt the same way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
some ppl like u, that believe wood=stupid like this stock
http://shootersdiscount.com/cart/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=54

Trigger group, easy to tear apart and put back together...but requires at least a tiny bit of skill. If your not confident, don't do it.

If you want that "AR look" http://www.gunblast.com/DPMS22.htm
i dont think wood is stupid, i just do not like it on this gun. all of my ak's have wood furniture, it looks the best. :bthumb:

and i am not a fan of those christie stocks. maybe ill just get a butler creek stock and call it a day... even though i dont like them all that much. guess ill try searching more, but im not coming up with anything

·
Registered
639 Posts
seems most on here prefer laminate wood, or hogue OM.

don't see a whole lot of "tactical style" stocks.

oh and FWIW, Trigger work, best bang for buck. I had no idea how great it could be, and I did the simple hammer/sear swap. Those who have Kidd's love em, but its a bit overkill IMO.

g~l on the search, and as always post pics of your end results.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i dont think wood is stupid, i just do not like it on this gun. all of my ak's have wood furniture, it looks the best. :bthumb:

and i am not a fan of those christie stocks. maybe ill just get a butler creek stock and call it a day... even though i dont like them all that much. guess ill try searching more, but im not coming up with anything
you'll find more of what you're looking for in the Ultimate forum.
here's one thread with photos of one of my 10/22s
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232011

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
quote from jaak47 (i am looking to make my gun more militaryesque.)

I built mine on the Tapco T6 stock because it was very affordable. $60. And the Commando quad rail was amazingly cheap at $29. It may not be as bad *** looking as the high dollar Nordics or RB's but with little beer money, imagination and a dremel...you can build this tactical looking black rifle.

updated pic

·
Registered
115 Posts
tactical 10/22

I agree with HR218 about the tapco t-6. You can do a lot with these stocks and they are affordable. I hogged mine out to accept a .920 bull barrel and eliminated the top forestock. I put a Mueller APV scope on it and a laser on the bottom pic rail. Shoots fine. Aftermarket forestocks are readily available and may have to have some mods to fit.As far as the trigger groups go, the 10/22 is one of the easier ones to work on and there is lots of info on this website about them. Hope I give you some help. Wayne Crothers

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Hey man, if your going to show off the sexy (and very expensive) Nordic with the ACE folder why didnt you go all out on your optics too? That doesnt look quite like an Eotech? Go all out bro!!! Please dont kill me but it doesnt match your sexy eye candy of a gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.