Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a rangefinder for use with my rimfire rifles, so I don't need the $200+ laser rangefinders since I won't be shooting much past 100 yds. Cabela's sells a 200 yd optical rangefinder for $80. I've used my friend's laser rangefinders in the past and they are simply target, push button and read distance. How much more time and effort does it take to range with these non-laser versions, and are they really as accurate as they say (+/- 7 yds at 200 yds)? Thanks.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...belas/en/content/Pod/00/67/26/p006726ii01.jpg

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nick

I've only ever tried a couple non-laser rangefinders but they were both made by this company.They kinda work like a parallax adjustment on a scope,ya look through and turn the nob til the object is in focus.I've never tested them against a laser so I don't know how accurate they are.I think it'd be a toss up.:rolleyes: JMO

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Nick, I've got an 80 yrd optical rangefinder. Compared to my dad's laser, it's within 3-4 yrds @ 80.
Paul
Edited because I actually looked @ mine yesterday and it's a TLR 75 like the one mentioned below.
Paul

·
Registered
33 Posts
i've had one of the 1,000 yard opticals from cabela's for a couple years. mine is accurate with the laser range finders at 200 yds. just haven't had a chance to try it beyond that distance believe it would be ok. i did have to make a adjustment on it after i received it, but no problems since. i've used it down to below freezing without a problem. mcole

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have an unused TLR 400 still in the box. If you are interested send me a PM. I'll sell it cheap since I have had it for a few years and never used it. I don't remember what I paid for it but the price written on the box is $99.99

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.