Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Nice Offhand submitted (pics)

1376 Views 15 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  DesertFox2001
Sent in pics of his Offhand. Here ya go. :D
Customers Guns submitted

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
908 Posts
Now, I know Dan is just kidding...but until I went to a blackpowder show and saw some of the fancy non-laminate stocks in person I could never understand the facination with them. I know from experience now, that there is no way those pictures do Claudes work justice.

:t :t :t

Paul

· Registered
19 Posts
Claude,

I really don't appreciate those pictures. I was set on another laminate (ok, my first one since my hubby won't officially give me his)....but now kinda rethinking that....grrrrr......better go count my gatewood stock fund again....hmmm, maybe time to do more laundry and raid my hubbies change area again :)......

· Registered
315 Posts
SimonFencer said:
Now, I know Dan is just kidding...but until I went to a blackpowder show and saw some of the fancy non-laminate stocks in person I could never understand the facination with them. I know from experience now, that there is no way those pictures do Claudes work justice.

:t :t :t

Paul
You are exactly right. They are not the best nor most revealing photos and the wood appears breathtaking. I can't imagine how good it looks up close. Exhibition grade for sure.

Claude, I guess I have to ask how much a stock like that would cost, should any of us stop slobbering long enough to think about buying one.

regards,
Dan

· Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words.
Without sounding like too flip, its really afforadble. 450ish bucks gets you into that kind of wood in my Offhand, or my Classic.
My thinking is, has been, if its 200.00 for something that every website sells, whats double that to have something unique?
I mean most of the guys and gals here spend long dollars on barrels, triggers, scopes- the stock is the most personal part of the entire rig. The stock is the only thing on a custom 10/22 that you can tell at a glance who made it.
Each, and every Offhand I cut, is different. Very different than the previous one. Only in outside shape does it hold the line. The wood is always different. Unique.
My Offhand unfinished, without the upgrades you cant see very well (ebony, bedding, additional sculpting, long LOP, exibition Claro Walnut-and by the way, that wood is just friggin' wild in the sunlight-) is only 225.00 Add 50.00 and thats my idea of extra fancy-brass insert installed, drop in, unfinished. Add 100.00 and thats exhibition grade Claro or extra fancy quilted Maple.
Thanks again for the replies. I'm going let the air out of my head now so I can get back to work :D
Stay safe, go shooting, spend time with family. Enjoy Life.
My inlaws are in town this weekend so I am spending lots of time in the shop LOL

· Registered
3,017 Posts
CWG said:
Even worse than expected. They has landed....half a day early no less. AND woke up my son right after we got him to bed for nappie time...grrrrrrrrr
Being a grandparent myself, I thought that's what we were supposed to do. :D :D Spoil 'em rotten and then leave about the time the melee starts. :eek:

BTW; That is a beautiful stock. I'm thinking of having you make me one of your Classics. I'll get with you later on that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.