Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever heard of a TOZ 20? - Well it's what you get when you cross a TOZ (Russian) #8 Trainer barreled action with a TOZ#12 Target rifle stock/trigger and splice on a 8x32x44 target scope:D
Just got the scope from Natchez and bolted it on with some high Millette tipoff mounts.
This should be interesting... a 25" heavy freefloated barrel with a light bolt and lighter trigger on what has to be the ugliest finished stock I've ever seen:rolleyes: Not a range within 50 miles open on Mondays around here, so I can't zero the scope till tomorrow - in the RAIN!:( Not to mention the predicted 15-20mph winds!:mad: :mad:
Maybe when the weather clears I'll be able to shoot with some match grade ammo, but till things zero in and clear up, this contraption is a BAB shooter.
No, this is not an early April Fool joke... the weather, maybe, but not the rifle...Should be interesting... Range Report later on;)

Messing with .22's is almost as much fun as shooting them!:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
OK. I shot the thing...

One for the record: 25yds BAB ammo -
Score: 195 - 1X
Weapon: TOZ (Tula Arsenal) target rifle customized from a TOZ8 barreled action and a TOZ 12 3/4 length Bevertaled tatget stock and the #12's bolt. 25" heavy untaperd barrel - 1/14" RH twist, freefloated. BIG heavy UGLEY weapon - I call the 'collection' FRANKENTOZ! :rolleyes: If I get hold of a Russian dictionary, I'm gonna look up the word for "Lurch" and name the triggergroup:mad: - that thing cost me about 15 points!
Oh well, - Ammo: Remington Golden Bullets.
Scope: Simmons 8x32x44 (set to 28X) , Milette tipoff mounts.
Weather: Bright and clear and about 70Farenheit light breezes from 6 O-Clock.
Not bad for a first shoot... gonna refloat the barrel and polish the trigger surfaces and try again with some decent ammo. :)

What's the deal? 4 targets per rifle at each range? :D
We shall see... Scott Irwin (Ziplok - AKA ZiplokII) San Jose Ca.
I'll give the info to Mike down South for the team scores - hopefully I'll shoot something out of the "Orange Blaster" category before the end of the summer.:t

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.