Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Ruger MK11, Ruger Single Six, SW K22 and Colt Diamondback. Want another auto , Thinking Browning Buckmark or Walther p22. Want a smaller gun to carry in a saddle bag, front seat of pick up ETC. Like the Walther for the size, but they seem to have problems.

Any opinions welcome.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Have a Ruger MK11, Ruger Single Six, SW K22 and Colt Diamondback. Want another auto , Thinking Browning Buckmark or Walther p22. Want a smaller gun to carry in a saddle bag, front seat of pick up ETC. Like the Walther for the size, but they seem to have problems.

Any opinions welcome.
Walther seems to have fixed the main problems they have had with the P22. The latest ones come with the B version of the magazines and I haven't heard anyone complain about problems with these so far. You might want to put this one back on the list for consideration. Also look at the Beretta 22a. It helps to keep your options open when you go looking.

·
Registered
57 Posts
how about a SIG Mosquito?

I just got a new SIG Mosquito and love it. They seem to resolved the early problems and my skeeter is very reliable. Feels great in my hand and is easy to strip and clean. Try holding one and you'll be surprised.

·
Premium Member
30,683 Posts
If you want a great shooting gun that is a classic, find a Belgium Browning Challenger. They have a better factory trigger than most guns today, they can be had for approx. $350 in excellent shape w/ one factory mag and you can get Colt Cadet mags for them (a slight modification is required) for $15 from CDNN. The old work craftsmanship with a steel frame, deep bluing, walnut stocks, and excellent adjustable trigger is something you don't find anymore unless you get a S&W 41. The only problem is in order to mount optics a custom rail needs to be made and the barrel D&T. Good luck in what you decide.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
If you like the Walther P22, take a look at a Bersa Firestorm in 22. My wife (mostly) and I have put thousands of rounds of CCI mini-mags through her Firestorm. Good shooting little gun. It doesn't like bulk pack ammo for some reason, but I've heard from other people they don't have any problem with bulk pack in theirs.

I have tried to like the Walther I really have, but just can't get by it's cap gun feel.

But Ruger Bearcat is hard to beat for what you're talking about though. The one I have rides on my hip all the time, unless I'm going "out". Then it gets replaced by a Colt Commander. There are a lot of people who say the Bearcat will outshoot the single six. I don't know, since they've got fixed sights I've never bench rested either. I just plink cans and such and hit one once in a while.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I chose the Buck Mark, and could not be more pleased. Only problem is they can be hard to find on dealer shelves. I bought a used 1985 model and put a TacSol 4" threaded barrel(easy barrel change) and Browning scope mount with a Burris Fast Fire. It ROCKS and is very light. An added bonus is that the RFC Forum has some very helpful(chim,Rusty22,Heggis,etc), knowledgeable members! Mine has been flawless with every brand/type ammo I've tried so far. Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.