Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Newest horse in the stable

2681 30
Have this 57M .22 LR waiting to be shipped. Its a slightly used but not abused Varmint model and seems to shoot pretty well. I am excited..... I posted it over in the pictures thread also.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
880 Posts
There was a transition between the Light Varmint Tactical and the Montana Varminter.
Mime that is similar to yours is 200XX and the JSR is 300XX.
While both of my rifles were tested with Lapua, I was never able to accomplish their groups and have currently settle on Eley Match and Eley Match Biathlon (a cold weather solution).

· Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hunt, that would be Nazareth, PA in the Lehigh Valley, about seven miles west of the Delaware River. MANY have moved into our area to escape New Jersey. :)
Doug
Yea, I would bet you are getting overrun with "Jerseyites" looking to get out in the country. Sorry bout that.......

There was a transition between the Light Varmint Tactical and the Montana Varminter.
While both of my rifles were tested with Lapua, I was never able to accomplish their groups and have currently settle on Eley Match and Eley Match Biathlon (a cold weather solution).
As you can see, my target was shot with Eley Match. I have high hopes that it will perform close to that with my current stash of Match.

My JS likes Eley ammo also but can shoot lights out with SK rifle Match save for the expected occasional flyer.

· Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This Varmint is 305xx and my JSR is 129xx. I will give the Eley Match the first try. Our cold weather might not be the same as yours and I am not even sure where to get Eley Match Biathlon here in the US but would like to try some. Our winter temps are relatively mild save for a few weeks in late January and early February when we can see some daytime highs in the single digits (Fahrenheit) but that's almost unusual depending on the jet stream.

· Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the deal is finalized via payment and the gun is on its way to my FFL. To say I am excited is an understatement. My only concern now is the trigger. I hope I can get it down to where I like it or I will replace it with a Jard.

Reactions: Vz.58

· Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful rifle. This rifle is at the very top of my rimfire rifle want list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. It is here and I have shot it. I am sure the lot of Eley Match that was used on the test target was different from that which I tried today. The search goes on tomorrow.

· Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
VERY nice looking rifle sir.
Thanks 67R/T I am enjoying it. It does like to be "cuddled" when shot. LOL...... I still need to get my "ergonomics" between the gun and I settled out but, that's on me. Its shooting in the upper .3's CTC with Center-X at 50 yds off bags.

· Premium Member
542 Posts
My JSR is at about 10-12 oz and as you, I replaced the stock trigger in the 57M with a 6oz Jard. Shoots great with Lapua Center-X
Hey H S , I do like those LVTs .
IMine is .17 HMR with the stock trigger down to 300 gr (10oz).
Also have a Montana Varminter in .22 with the 6 oz Jard
That breaks at 7oz .
I do like tha stock trigger better , it just feels good , seeing
That Jard builds the triggers for Cooper both are Xlnt .... skwerl

1 - 20 of 31 Posts