Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, guys, here it is. nothing fancy, but a little stain and some gloss perked
this IZZY up a bit. now it looks almost as good as it shoots. (EMIGRE), one who escaped the russian revolution

·
37,366 Posts
So mwhere is the pic...all I get is a little red x in a box

·
Registered
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vince, others who saw a red x, dont know whats happening here, so downloaded again
and seems to work.

·
37,366 Posts
When I clicked on the red "X" I saw your new Russain girlfriend. Almost bought one in 22 last year but could not find one. Oh well.

·
Registered
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vincent,

still dont know if the download is working. can you tell me if it is. i can see it, but others may have a prob. these biathlons are still available for a while as the supply gets eaten up, then poof, gone. not being imported anymore from what i understand ??

have read that 22mags are inherently not too accurate. have another 22 mag and dont shoot too well. thought it was me, tried a big variety of ammo, still not good. my "girlfriend" as you put it has rebuilt my confidence in the 22 mag. this baby is a shooter with almost anything i feed it.............a definite keeper. look out gophers,
head hunting time, lol.

·
Registered
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
am thinking of shortening the bolt handle a tad as it is in the way of the trigger finger,
but haven't figured out yet how to remove it.

any hints people ??

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
R- What kind of scope mounts and scope do you have on the Russian girl friend. Can you take the bolt out for cleaning the barrel and is it hard to remove. I have a russian rifle like yours but never fired it. Need a good scope and mounts that will let me take the bolt out to clean the barrel with out much trouble. Also can a bore guid be had for this rifle. Thanks for anyhelp. Mudd Turtle

·
Registered
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mudd turtle,

will try to answer your ques, but this gun is still new to me, and dont understand the manual in russian.

scope mount came with gun, added my own rings to suit the scope height, mediums i think.

taking out the bolt is easy, pull back on the bolt a bit, and pull up on the big pin at the rear of the bolt and the bolt slides out.

havent tried a bore guide, but being a "bolt" any 22 mag bore guide should work, tho' havent tried one. i just use an otis cable thingee

mine is the .22mag and is the best mag shooter i have owned. super accurate to 100 yds so far, with an assortment of ammo, and am looking to shoot at 125 / 150 yds. am very happy with my russian "girlfriend". now if she could cook.............lol.

get out and take yours out for a spin, am sure you'll like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts