Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I join the site lastnight and today I bought a marlin 917vs and bsa 4x16x40 mil. dot scope havent shot it yet, but will tomm. I let ya guys know how it shoots. Just wanted to share and say this forum rocks! I will be getting aftermarket tigger.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to RFC!
This has got to be the best source of information around and the guys are great.
I compliment you on your new purchase. I've had mine for about 6 months now and don't regret a nickle spent. And you made a good call on the trigger replacement. Might I suggest a rifle basix. I searched long and hard and the best price by far is from Mid South.
Once again, welcome, and we all look forward to hearing how you enjoy your new 17.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I got back, iam happy with my grouping using remington, but I'am going to have the play with the scope since it pulling way left or have it bore sighted. but overall iam very pleased with it! Yes i was talking about the rife basix sear.

·
Banned
5,934 Posts
Eric,

If you used the mounts that Marlin provided, get rid of them. That is why your gun is shooting to the left. Mine did the same thing. They are drilled off center. Go here and get a BKL model 261 mount. They clamp to the dovetail on the Marlin receiver. They work great. I have two of them.

www.bkltech.com

Brad

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey All
Im an aussie who has hung up the old .22 cz for a 917vs...after the registration papers come in a week i should be able to pick up my brand new 17vs.....i have been reading about this basix trigger however i dont understand the benefits of it....we dont seem to have them in oz either....does the basix make the trigger fully adjustable? If so can i modify the standard triger to be fully adjustable somehow? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
brad541thb said:
Eric,

If you used the mounts that Marlin provided, get rid of them. That is why your gun is shooting to the left. Mine did the same thing. They are drilled off center. Go here and get a BKL model 261 mount. They clamp to the dovetail on the Marlin receiver. They work great. I have two of them.

www.bkltech.com

Brad
brad, thanks for the heads up and link.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
downunderhunter said:
Hey All
Im an aussie who has hung up the old .22 cz for a 917vs...after the registration papers come in a week i should be able to pick up my brand new 17vs.....i have been reading about this basix trigger however i dont understand the benefits of it....we dont seem to have them in oz either....does the basix make the trigger fully adjustable? If so can i modify the standard triger to be fully adjustable somehow? Thanks
for the aftermarket trigger why alot of people get rid the stock trigger is b/c
- it sloppy from the factory
- high pull lbs
the aftermarket trigger is ajustable, but if your on a buget do a serach for pen spring there a type pen that people use the spring to get a softer pull on the trigger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts