Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Just joined the site after poking around a bit. There sure are a lot of knowledgeable people here!!

Anyhow, I am getting back into shooting after not having done much for about 25 years. Boy have things changed! :rolleyes:

I am starting to do a little gallery shooting, so wanted to pick up a nice .22 pistol. Found a used Buckmark that fits my hand really well with a very sweet trigger, that was within my price range, so I bought it.

It has a 5.5" blue/black barrel, nice wooden grips, and the frame and full-length top rail are gold anodized. The serial number is 655NX3****. Can any of you tell me exactly what I have or anything about it? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds like a 5.5 Gold Target. I think it is the same as the 5.5 Target except for the gold anodizing. They still make the 5.5 Target. See:

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=006B&cat_id=051&type_id=338

The NX in the serial number indicates it was made in 1993. I think they quit making the gold version in 99. I have not seen very many of them.

Should be an excellent pistol for target shooting. Since it has the weaver rail, you can easily try scopes or red dot sights.

Jerry

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for responding. I guess they didn't make too many of them.

It does shoot well. I shot it last night for the first time. I put a Millet red dot sight on it and sighted it in on a bench. Had so much fun that I took the day off today and will hit the range in a little while to shoot it some more.

One thing I can tell you is that it does NOT like Remington ammo. Lots of failure to fire. CCI worked fine 100% of the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.