Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and already I need some help. On the bright side it looks like I am in the right place.

I have a 10/22 w/ BC Bull Barrel and sny stock. I currently have a scope, BEC 3-9x50mm in mullet(I think) medium rings, mounted on the Ruger factory base.
Problem is the scope sits a tad too low so I can't fit on my flip caps(or whatever they are called). You know the covers that flip up.

I need a source (ie link to) a simple scope base that will be slightly higher that the one that comes w/ the rifle. think enough to give me room to slide on the caps is all I want.

I am also interested in upgrading my trigger and adding an extended mag release. Any help would be great.
I am kinda slow so links will help me. I have been searching the site for two days and can't find exactly what I am looking for.

That is all I will be doing to this one, but I already want to build a second one with one of those fancy thumb hole stocks on a SS receiver.

·
Registered
707 Posts
As for the higher base, get a power customs base. You will need to get a different set of rings as well. The PC base is wider than the standard "tip-off" base that is on your 10/22, so your rings won't fit. This will be a more stable set up than the original.

Check out the sponsors on the left hand side of the forums page and get a VQ hammer and mag release. You will be very pleased. While ordering, get a bolt buffer. Go with the one from WeaponKraft. If not the WK buffer, others are speaking highly of the Hawktech buffer. I have not tried one, so I can't speak on it.

These are very easy mods to handle yourself, and you are on your way.
Good shooting.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Weaver TO-9 Base

DoorKicker,

If you buy a "Weaver" TO-9 base [for the 10/22], it will accept the "Millett" 'Tip-Off' rings that you currently have on your BEC 3-9X 50mm scope...! ! It is a 'tad' higher than the "Ruger" SBA you are now using...! ! :)

The "Weaver" TO-9 base accepts both the 'Tip-Off' rings [that you have now] AND the "Weaver" 'DTM' [Detachable Top Mount] rings, which are normally used for scopes the size of yours.

The TO-9 base should be available at any "K-Mart", "Wal*Mart", or any gun shop for ~ $5.00 .

The "PC" base is .340" tall, but, it will NOT accept the "Millett" Rimfire Angle-Loc rings you now have on your scope; you will need a new set of "Weaver type" rings to fit the "PC" base.

Hope this helps....! ! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.